Best Response

For me...

Personally, blah. Semi-rebounded off a multi year relationship, but still haven't found anything serious. Deeply desire that. Have some interesting fun projects I'm working on now that are good multi-year investments for me. Was able to help a lot of WSOers with career advice, which is always fulfilling.

For work, I've had a lot of great highlights that are very resume worthy and b-school worthy, but as of right now my job security is kind of iffy in my environment, so that's been on the back of my mind for a few months now. It's crazy how in the real world the stress from a job completely overwhelms as it's all you put your time into versus a class in college.

Lakers suck = bad. As a sixers season ticket holder, I'm happy they're tanking for Wiggins.

Stock market was real well for me this year. It's the first year I started actively managing my account. Gogo, VJET, Solarcity,Himax, and Tesla were big winners for me (still holding Tesla).

I think my life is okay now. Starting to realize what I can and cannot accomplish, starting to see the more defined career routes for me. Planning for the worse, hoping for the best. 2014 should tell me a lot more about what's going to happen with my job which should give me more peace of mind.

Some good, some bad, some great, some ugly. Looking forward to this year though, I think 2013 has been kind of tainted for me by the last couple of months.

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Better than average, at least using recent years as the average. Most years have been good to very good for me, except 2008-2009 (especially 2008, that straight-up sucked ass).

I have found some comfort in the fact that there are some people who visit WSO who are worthy to carry on the Lehman name (even if they never actually will) and who are receptive to hearing the truth about my story. For that, I am grateful. I want to have faith in the future of Wall Street and this website gives me some faith that the youngsters today can carry the torch. I hope that I can read this website in 15 years and you guys can prove me right.

Aut deserunt qui debitis voluptatem nisi culpa. Dignissimos illo autem nam non. Odio voluptatem quo nulla est est fuga quisquam. Perferendis error ea itaque ut officiis in sit delectus. Iusto doloribus voluptatibus dolor aliquid omnis voluptatum aliquid nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”