I'm currently a rising junior (just completed sophomore year) at OSU Fisher school of business. Fucked up freshman year but got a 3.67 and 4.0 in my last two semesters. My cumulative GPA is a 3.475 and my business GPA is 3.66. I'm looking to transfer because I don't feel like OSU fisher students get recruited heavily from BB IB or even good boutique banks, especially ones located on the east coast where I'm from and looking to work. I've been looking to transfer but I'm not sure if my GPA is good enough for a school like NYU Stern or another school in the same category. I'm also not sure what kind of weight the OSU Fisher name carries when transferring. My high school GPA and ACT scores were decent but nothing great. I don't mind going extra semesters, especially if I can work while in school, and this is something i definitely want to do. Any suggestions or comments of where I should/can go?
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Hello everyone, I am sharing this because Andy and Patrick said it may be useful for some younger users. I legitimately believe that WSO helped me get my career started.
About me: I grew up in the roughest part of town nearby a big city (think Ferguson Missouri, Flatbush Brooklyn,...+71 by johndoe2019 in IB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+43 by monkeyking722 in IB
- Has anyone made the switch from being an analyst at a single manager to being a PM on any of the platforms?
As background, I've been at a single manager for 6 years and have covered my sector for a total of 8 years. I'm making ok but not great money for someone my level (500-750K)...+32 by bulge4lyf in HF
- Currently, over 72% of Americans are overweight, with 40% being obese. More disturbingly, 19% of children are obese, who will almost certainly stay obese into adulthood. Life expectancy is going down in the United States, and 600,000 people die a year of obesity related causes. The causes of...+31 by Lloyd BIankfein in OFF
- Hi guys:
For companies with large pension obligations, is it possible to get rid of them during LBO through some kind of structure, or would that only happen during bankruptcy? Thanks!+29 by chips_ahoy in PE
- Hi Everyone,
I’ve lurked on this site for a long time and it’s been extremely helpful at different points in my career. I’m interested in giving back via an AMA thread as I’ve seen others do over the years.
- Graduated from one of the top liberal arts schools
-...+25 by Classica in PE
- Trying to get a feel of the BB IB associate (post-MBA) hours. I realized my American alumni generally tend to overstate the working hours of around 90-120 (*this is just my observation from >10 alumni I spoke to, and is not representative of everyone). Asia alumni I connected with who are are...+25 by anotherm7 in IB
- Ok, fellas. I'm bored to tears in real estate and am looking for new interesting paths and new challenges. What are some niche real estate products that people rarely think about? Self-storage was the trendy niche that, in my view, is now overbought in a lot of U.S. markets. What are some...+23 by real_Skankhunt42 in RE
- Hello All,
Is the second housing Armageddon coming in 2019/2020? If you think this, why?
Article from the Jesse Colombo at Forbes - Housing Bubble 2.0: America’s Housing Market Is Up 49% Since 2012
[quote] Since the dark days of the Great Recession in 2009, America has experienced one...+23 by Iguler in MKT
- I’m working on a mammoth multi-part Google post and WeWork ties in nicely with the overall theme.
*(To be clear, I have no opinion on WeWork as an investment - and I have zero knowledge of real estate - but I saw [this...+21 by CuriousCharacter in RE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr17WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 4/17, 7pm, The Bungalow in Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica, CA
- Apr18WSO Boston Meet Up: Thur 4/18, 630-830pm, Durty Nelly's6:30 EDT Online
- Apr18WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 4/18, 630-830pm, City Social 6:30 EDT Online
- Apr18WSO London Meet Up: Thur Apr 18, 19:00, Vintry Pub7:00 EDT London
- Apr18WSO NYC Happy Hour: Thur 4/18, 7-10pm, 5th And Mad Bar7:00 EDT New York City, NY