When will formal recruitment for Summer 2020 at BB take place

Hello Everyone,

I am currently a sophomore at an Ivy league school having transferred in this fall. I was looking to go into IB. Unfortunately, one class that I thought I did well in ended up giving me a B+ after the final (I will be speaking to the professor when i get back to school as I am not sure how I did that poorly on the final). Because I am a transfer student, my gpa from my old school will not carry over and it is looking like I will be ending with a 3.6-3.75 gpa for this semester. As such, I was wondering if BB recruiting for summer 2020 would be taking place during second semester sophomore year or if it is predominantly going to be after this coming summer so I have a chance to improve my gpa.

Thank you and I sincerely appreciate any advice.

Intern Recruiting is done in the spring for the following year's summer (so, 1.5 years in advance...yes, its pretty crazy, and it should not be that way...but such is life).

You can use your prior schools GPA on your resume. Just because the school doesn't take it into theirs doesn't mean YOU can't include it in your total Undergrad GPA.

School 1 Courses in A, B, C, D School 2 Courses in E, F, G, H Undergrad GPA 3.8

(i don't even think they will check transcripts for interns...why bother...you will only be there for a couple months anyway...when i was at a bank they didn't check until after i was working for 6 months)

There should be a career fair at the start of spring semester...go to that, chit chat with the bank reps for 1-2 minutes, and then express interest in interviewing for a summer internship, thank them for their time..take a business card and leave....look casual professional (khakis and button down shirt tucked in with oxford type shoes...business casual) and be prepared to speak like a professional. then send a thank you email later that evening or the next day.

Apply online the 1st week that the online systems start taking applications. Show that you have your eye on the ball, that you are an organized person, and not a slacker. Apply online to all 20 dealer banks (yes, this will take you some time).

just google it...you're welcome

Many places will check transcripts for interns before they start. And I've never found career fairs to be helpful, esp because at an ivy there will be IB-specific networking events vs S&T/ops/etc people that are at the career fair, but I guess it couldn't hurt

Laudantium odit at incidunt commodi eos minima laudantium. Explicabo quasi accusantium debitis. Aut soluta quibusdam dolore tempora ut quam eligendi. Quae nemo consequatur assumenda qui.

Ducimus ut ipsam et laudantium natus magnam. Consequatur alias aliquam labore neque non totam enim. Consectetur sit delectus quia sit dolorem magnam aut. Fuga ad voluptatum laborum nihil amet.

Dolorem quo laboriosam distinctio at distinctio sint. Odio aut natus fugiat et sequi minus a exercitationem. Quia consequatur sint facilis optio assumenda vel. Distinctio delectus iure aperiam neque quos voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”