We had a pretty interesting discussion the other day about Mexico and how large a part of the problem drugs are. Ever since, I've been curious about what the consensus would be on our current drug policy here on WSO. As if on cue, Harvard Econ prof Jeffrey Miron sat down with the TechTicker guys and laid out the case for full legalization:
So, where do you guys fall on this issue? I'm sure most of you know that I consider drug laws not only utterly ridiculous, but completely unconstitutional (not that what I think matters in the least). I'm interested to hear what you think.
If you think drugs should be legalized across the board, say so. If you think they should remain illegal, explain why. If you're in favor of some drugs being legal (pot, for example) but other drugs remaining illegal, tell us where you draw the line and why.
With California decriminalizing marijuana recently, I have a feeling we're on the cusp of a major shift in drug policy. Which way do you think it should go and why?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Re-sending an Updated CV for an Internship, yea or nay?
- Public Shaming- Yay or Nay?
- Rooming with your fellow analysts: yay or nay?
- Wearing Suspenders in IBD..Yay or Nay?
- Sub-bullets- yay or nay? IBD resume for full-time
- Coty withdraws $10.7bn offer from Avon – Yay or Nay?
- Ph.D.- Yay or Nay?
- Graduate in 3 years if given full time offer: yay or nay?