This idea was discussed within a comment thread a couple month ago but I thought it deserved its own thread just because of how awesome it is.
I wanted to share with you guys a tip that is virtually guaranteed to improve your interviews.
Here's what you do:
1. Arrive at interview location about 15 minutes early
2. Greet the receptionist, hang up coat, etc.
3. Ask to use the men's room
4. Take a shit
Sounds simple enough, right? What's the point, you ask? The fact is when you walk in for an interview you're on foreign ground, their turf. This is an away game for you. Ask any sports team: it's always tough to win on the road.
But when you stride into the company restroom and drop a huge deuce, you have essentially turned the tables. At this point, you subconsciously feel like you own the place. You relax, you let your guard down. When you get back to reception feeling right at home, you start to wonder if the lobby furniture actually might be yours. And as we all know, the more yourself you are, the more relaxed and confident you are, the better you do on your interviews.
I am absolutely serious about this, by the way. I tried to present it in kind of a funny way, but that's not to say it doesn't work like a charm every time. Just make sure you're not trailing any TP from your shoe.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Best PM ever received on WSO asking for help
- Cancel interviews schedule now that I have received offer?
- any body has ever received invitation from Credit Suisse
- Lateral Hire: Verbal Offer but Haven't Received Official Offer Yet
- Offer Received, Interview Pending
- Received an interview invitation, after responding to the email I was told it was a mistake...
- Interviewing with an firm firm specializing in the accounts receivable management (ARM) industry
- Has any received 1st round interview from Barclays, Deutsche and BNP Paribas IBD?