I've got a year and a half left before completing my Msc. in Finance (in Continental Europe) and I'm starting to get desperate about a summer internship.I'm in a bit of a predicament right now since BB recruiting has come and gone and I don't have much to show for it. I've wanted to get into something macro for a while and I'm starting to look wider than your typical S&T desks.
I just applied for a summer internship at two ABCD companies and I'm starting to look more into ag/metals/energy trading although ags is probably my first choice. At this point, nothing about me really screams "into physical trading" so I'm wondering what kind of opportunities I could pursue to give myself a better shot. I'm thinking of doing something related like trade finance or shipbroking and maybe making the switch later and was wondering if that's at all realistic. Any suggestions?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- High Finance to Physical Trading?
- commodities trading- moving from physical to paper?
- Project Finance/Physical Commodity Trading lexicon
- Physical Commodities/Energy Trading
- Entry Level Physical Trading
- Transition from PE to physical commodities
- physical commodity trading in Miami
- Physical Commodity Trading