What happens after you sign an offer?

Signed an SA offer with an IB in late May. In the two week window I had to accept my offer, loads of people from the office called and emailed me congratulating me or just wanting to answer any remaining questions that I had. I signed the offer a couple days later and received a response by HR. After that, I haven't really heard anything from the bank. Nor do I even know what they would say. Should I reach out for phone calls with general questions about the market right now or something? Or is it completely typical for there to be silence till a couple months before the internship?

Jul 1, 2020 - 10:48am

You don't really hear anything until December. Then onboarding and stuff begins in March

Array

Jul 1, 2020 - 1:28pm

Nothing specific. Firms will just remind you in the late winter/early spring to congratulate you again and remind you that the next steps will take place mid spring

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 17, 2020 - 11:11am

Did they confirm they received it? I signed as well but no confirmation from BB recruiting

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:21am

Signed in June last year and didn't hear anything again until onboarding started in the spring. Some people in my intern class I know reached out to people and tried to stay in touch, but I didn't and no issues once the internship started. You don't want to waste people's time and for the bank, once recruiting is wrapped up they basically forgot about it again until it gets closer to your start date.

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:23am

Do you think it's worthwhile to ask for them to connect me to other interns in my intern class? Or would it be weird to reach out to them this early and I should wait till it gets closer?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 12:01pm

Background checks, some places do drug tests/finger printing, typically some outreach from the firm again. I spoke to a few analysts in the spring who reached out (though obviously this was different given the covid) to just talk about the program. We had a few HR sessions too throughout the spring of what to expect in the summer also.

• Associate 1 in Acct - Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:30am

I'd wait unless you have actual questions for people. Other than that they'll reach out to keep you updated

Could try reaching out to some people closer to when you start I guess, but either way it won't really matter

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:17pm

Unless you have any questions specific to onboarding (i.e. hr issues), there's no reason to reach out to anyone. Go party and celebrate your offer. This time next year you'll be grinding in the office so just go enjoy life

Edit: I guess w/ covid it's a bit hard to party but you get my point

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Oct 17, 2020 - 4:28pm

yeah same signed offer last day of internship, starting BB FT next year and radio silence af except for some "bonding" ;) with the team

Girlfriend vs PE
+95PEby Investment Analyst in Private Equity - Growth Equity">Investment Analyst in PE - Growth
I’ll never take WSO for granted again
+53OFFby Principal in Venture Capital">Principal in VC
What's so good about Evercore?
+41IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
I'm tired man
+31IBby Intern in Corporate Finance">Intern in CorpFin
First year analyst, still feel incompetent and like I haven’t learned anything
+27IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 1 in IB-M&A

97.8