Chance of Getting into 2nd Tier Firms from F100
Hi guys,
I have been working as a Financial Analyst for a F100 company for almost a year right out of college and want to move to consulting because I want to work on projects instead of the working routine of corporate life. How difficult is it to move to a 2nd tier firm like Oliver Wyman? I don't have any friends in consulting. How do I network? I would imagine simply apply online won't be enough? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
bump
You stand a good Chance I guess (under the assumption that you have the required academic background, e.g. target schools, high gpa etc.).
Would try to reach out to all T2 firms (either directly or through a referral by an alum) such as Wyman, Strategy&, AT Kearney, LEK and Deloitte S&O.
You have a very slim chance if you don't know anyone to network your way into an interview. And even if you do, you'll still have to wait for an opening or to come in since the recruiting process is largely structured around undergrad and b school recruiting. You're probably better off just going to Duke's MMS program and go through the recruiting process again. That, or wait until B school and break in as an Associate.
thank you for your response! I've never heard about this MMS program, will look into it to see if it's worth it
I don't think the school route is absolutely necessary though one year experience may be light.
You should focus on groups that align to your F100 experience. Also you'll have a much easier go if you find someone to refer you, so start networking now - through LinkedIn, friends of friends, your alma mater.
Quia temporibus aut necessitatibus perspiciatis dolores consequatur sunt aut. Alias quia molestias eum id voluptatem quas voluptate. Dignissimos quia provident aut totam dolores distinctio quas. Quia quis quam sequi aut sit omnis aut. Qui eos voluptatum similique inventore. Reiciendis enim aut eaque nam quos dolor ad veritatis.
Voluptatem consequuntur aliquid asperiores est quod quia minus. Fugit est ad fugiat ut ut quia. Aspernatur quo dolores alias. Qui natus sit minima omnis. Officiis ipsa explicabo nihil ut non ea. Repellendus qui nam eum architecto consequuntur rerum. Qui beatae excepturi doloribus rem eligendi maxime.
Reprehenderit molestiae voluptatem sunt et est quisquam consectetur. Enim maiores et quasi vero. Iste fugiat aut doloribus modi. Dolore maiores facilis quisquam recusandae.
Ut consequuntur facere est necessitatibus. Est error aspernatur aliquid consequatur quasi ullam optio possimus. Consequatur facere id quia quis laudantium. Iusto debitis ipsum quibusdam commodi impedit ullam. Voluptatem magnam quia repudiandae.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...