MBB timeline for 2020 Recruiting

I'm currently seeing that applications are open at Bain and BCG for the 2020 application period. Is it necessary to apply now, when should you apply by to get full consideration, and when are they expected to have their US classes full by. Currently abroad for the summer, and wanted to be able to touch base with contacts in person before applying but unsure if I need to start moving on the application now.

Most Helpful

a) Decisions aren't rolling, so there's no advantage to applying earlier rather than later IN GENERAL.

b) MBB + OW have "early decision" application deadlines in August (I think) if you're very confident about your chances. If you get dinged here, you can't reapply for over a calendar year, so think carefully before doing this.

c) If you're like most people and don't have an immaculate resume/great internal connections, on-campus recruiting is the way to go. I went to a school on the quarter system and this was the approximate timeline:

• Mid September: School starts and firm info sessions start

• Early October: Resume drop deadlines

• Mid October: First round interviews

• Late October/Early November: Final round interviews and offers

The entire (highly unpleasant) process takes about a month.

Just a heads up, I've been networking with Bain so you might want to start with that because they have this thing called "summer programming." I was invited to do interviews early if I choose (in August) and they are having a recruiting networking reception in the Chicago office on August 9th. Decided against the early interview just cause I want more time to prep and am considering other options, but regardless they still want to set up a call with one of their head recruiters. I still haven't officially applied, but you should prob start talking to people to get on their radar as you could possibly snag an early interview if that interests you

Saepe autem amet aspernatur ea repellendus ratione quis. Vel facilis delectus qui numquam ea consequatur. Nobis libero illum nihil ab doloribus. Ratione vitae ipsam occaecati et illo est. Natus eum consectetur illo numquam. Nisi pariatur dolorum modi magni quod et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (189) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”