Need help on advising company for school project!
I have a project due for my International Business Class due next week and would really appreciate any help. It's a strategy focused project, so I thought this forum would have some people who would be willing to help.
We are advising Cimpor, a Portuguese cement company, on how to address its strategic problems and re-position its global strategy.
Cimpor's current strategic situation:
1. 90% debt capital ratio is thwarting reinvestment and global expansion, also threat of bankruptcy
2. Political and economic risk of its current geographic footprint (operates mostly in Brazil and Argentina) has affected profits
3. Fall in price of commodities
4. Large exchange rate losses and limited hedging ability
5. Weak margins compared to competitors manufacturing in lower cost countries
6. Huge transportation cost for cement companies, hindering ability for centralized manufacturing
Does anybody have any ideas on how to advise this company?
If anyone is willing to help privately I can provide all the company's financials statements and other research my group has conducted.
Thank you so much