Corporate Development at Non F500 Company
Hi Monkeys,
I'm a student who just locked up an IB SA offer and is now looking down the road. I plan on getting some corporate or buyside experience before I graduate. I was wondering when you will get valuable experience at a corp dev team? Obviously, the smaller the company the fewer potential acquisitions they will have. Is there a certain market cap/EV that companies have to cross to have a "legit" corp dev team?
Hey WestCoastMonkeyMan, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot...do any of these help:
More suggestions...
If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...
I don't think you should use market cap/company size as your guide for highly inquisitive companies. Industry and industry trends are probably more insightful than not. I would also assume that most companies in general won't be hammering out 3-4 acquisitions a year, so you're better off finding an industry and location that interests you and then once you start looking at potential companies to work at start researching their past acquisitions.
Even most large companies have extremely small Corp dev teams. The F50 I work for generally has around 4-6 people on the team and never more than that. I would argue that I work for a company that does a good amount of M&A deals.
Accusantium asperiores laborum ut. Delectus repellendus repudiandae molestiae facere.
Alias dolorem laudantium sequi eveniet quia enim officia. Aut inventore magni accusamus dolores harum sed nihil. Eaque eos suscipit aut quia quos enim in impedit. Autem saepe quia nulla qui sequi pariatur aut ea.
Sed aut quisquam exercitationem sint. Sit qui vel et quisquam et pariatur. Perferendis dolores vero ipsam ea eos aperiam. Cumque aut omnis deleniti id.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...