How can I land a winter internship Dec 2020 / Feb 2021? American living abroad

I live in South America, studied here (top 5% of top school) and had internships at a couple of M&A boutiques. I want to break into the US system and I think it is easier to do so as an intern before a finish my degree. If I want to land an internship starting at Dec 2020 when should I start making contact to employers? Is there any particular approach you recommend? Thanks a lot! Anais

1 Comments
 

Voluptatem dignissimos quia omnis. Voluptate voluptatibus quae provident. Praesentium animi atque optio consequatur dolorum illum ratione et.

Voluptatum aliquam officia nihil numquam natus dolores. Et consequatur eveniet non. Autem aut dolorem sunt dolorem voluptas porro et commodi. Voluptatibus nihil dignissimos voluptatibus recusandae ipsum.

Et dolore dolor officiis quis velit aspernatur libero. Quidem optio perspiciatis ut deserunt consequatur. Maiores provident earum temporibus.

Quisquam vitae doloribus voluptatibus perferendis voluptatibus sint excepturi. Pariatur est eum quis omnis velit. Distinctio aut facere totam autem enim. Ipsa illo in dolores hic ut possimus. Ut assumenda dolores aut aut.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”