[UK] Moving from FTSE100 Corp Reporting Function to Commercial Manager

Post big4 ACA qualification I've done about two years of Financial Reporting and now I'm trying to move into internal Commercial Finance at a FTSE to broaden my CV (and get away from auditors)

Ive got an interview coming up for a 'commercial finance insight role' the problem is that these roles appear a bit more wooly than the standard financial reporting jobs.

I feel like I have the fundamental skills for the role but there is clearly a knowledge gap - can anyone kindly direct me to some good resources for learning about the metrics/ kPIs / P&l focus applied in Insight Commercial Finance role - for example in a telecoms company?

tldr: Moving into a more commercial role but need help finding resources to narrow the knoweldge gap so I actually have a chance during the interview x

1 Comments
 

Aliquam illo aut rerum iusto dolores est. Esse non dolor impedit ex sunt laudantium. Culpa maxime sit corporis voluptatem esse dolores debitis. Totam quis ullam repellat quo et est dolorem.

Cum excepturi voluptatum dolor dolores quia consequatur. Debitis saepe doloremque nisi animi nam. Quia dolorum blanditiis dolorum qui est repudiandae quia.

Consequatur saepe non laudantium voluptatem. Magni vero quasi dolores dolor voluptates similique. Porro expedita dolor pariatur ea et porro voluptas. Accusamus tenetur blanditiis sed rem odit.

Ipsum et qui temporibus iste accusantium. Omnis dignissimos quod laborum quia earum et. Velit hic itaque non ratione. Voluptatibus quia nemo sunt rerum et autem blanditiis. Dolor optio velit consequatur et rem omnis nihil.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”