Advice & Feedback Needed to Break into Equity Research
Hello - I am looking to. I'd like some constructive feedback on what I need to do to improve my chances of getting a role.
- 1.5 years in FP&A role at an Industrials company - - I work on forecasting, budgeting, modeling, and financial reporting.
- 3 years in - the work was classical strategy - gant charts, creating executive presentations, supporting / clarifying business problems / solutions, and crafting business narratives.
What I have prepared for ER:
- A proofed by an ER professional Equity note. I love equity finance and I own the stock that I wrote the note on, so writing the note was a bit of fun.
- Securities Industry Essential & Excel-based certificates
- Finance Undergrad
- Employee referrals to a handful of the big / mid-sized Banks.
What else should I have in my pocket to get myself noticed and hired in ER? Should I begin working on the? How are my chances looking? Any advice/feedback would be appreciated here.