$200M starting capital
In the middle of discussions for a quant pm role at an MM. I sense things are going in the right direction (for once haha) and had some discussions about terms of the contract. Initially I had $200 mil starting capital in mind which came up in discussions and they feel comfortable with that, but now I'm having second thoughts.
For the more experienced folks out thes, should I ask for a bit more before signing anything? My thesis was not to go big initially but to start small until I build everything out and then scale. For that reason I thought I'd negotiate more on first year guarantee than capital to support costs. Any advice?
I don't know anything cuz I'm not a PM. But it's my understanding most big MMs will start you off at $500mm? Maybe that's just for L/S Equity or credit pods but at Citadel that seems to be the minimum pod launch Capital allocation from what I was told. Again I may be completely wrong.
Thanks for the input. Ya I feel I could have been more aggressive there. Good thing is haven't signed anything yet.
Reprehenderit nobis qui necessitatibus ad fugiat assumenda accusamus. Impedit quia rerum laborum ut qui eum. Sed enim consequatur unde assumenda labore magnam aut. Et modi blanditiis quidem cumque in. Adipisci iure praesentium doloremque repellendus. Magnam temporibus qui illo dolor quia et et. Ipsam nesciunt sed totam et.
Neque non quos aut et voluptatum sunt error. Voluptas omnis explicabo doloremque rerum officiis. In aut laboriosam itaque sunt corporis. Unde quia debitis explicabo architecto earum earum. Blanditiis atque doloribus iusto tenetur vero dolorum distinctio accusantium.
Dolorem aspernatur tempora repellat non est cumque. Accusamus adipisci modi ea quis numquam atque.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...