Assistance with TMT Valuations Research (Seeking Free Data Sources from 2019-Present)

Hi All,

I'm doing research on TMT valuations across different sub-sectors (media, software, consumer internet, data centers, fintech). Specifically, I'm looking for EV/EBITDA and Debt/EBITDA ratios since 2019.

Could you recommend any reliable free online resources where I can access this data? Your insights would be incredibly valuable. I don't have access to any paid services at the moment. 

I'm looking to export the data into excel.

Appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

Hey there!

For your TMT valuations research, you're on the right track looking for EV/EBITDA and Debt/EBITDA ratios. While I can't conjure up the data from the trees like a finance wizard, I can certainly point you to some resources that might help you gather the information you need without spending a dime.

1. SEC EDGAR Database: Public companies are required to file their financial statements with the SEC. You can find annual reports (10-K) and quarterly reports (10-Q) that provide financial data which can be used to calculate EV/EBITDA and Debt/EBITDA ratios.

2. Company Websites: Many companies publish their investor relations presentations and financial reports online, which often include valuation metrics.

3. Financial News Websites: Websites like Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, and MarketWatch sometimes provide valuation ratios for companies.

4. Academic Databases: If you have access through a university, databases like WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) can be a gold mine for historical financial data.

5. Industry Reports and White Papers: Sometimes industry groups or financial services firms will publish white papers or reports that include valuation data.

6. Wall Street Oasis Resources: While not free, WSO offers a plethora of financial modeling resources and templates that could be of use. Keep an eye out for any free trials or offers that might give you temporary access to the data you need.

Remember, while free resources are great, they may require more legwork to compile and verify the data. Always double-check the figures and consider the source's reliability. Good luck with your research, and don't hesitate to swing back through the jungle if you need more guidance!

Sources: Valuation analysis - Cost of debt, Private Credit Resources and Prep, Healthcare Overview... Part 1?, An Overview of Technology Media and Telecom (TMT) - Part 1 of 2, https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/investment-banking/which-de-ratio-should-i-use-on-a-3-year-projection-of-the-following?customgpt=1

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Aut molestias voluptatem nobis deserunt vel est qui. Et nam ut rerum maxime aut porro autem accusantium.

Fugiat reiciendis ut aperiam consectetur aut atque. Dolor recusandae autem esse eos sapiente eos illo. Culpa velit eum modi. Sunt quia ullam itaque aut cupiditate incidunt alias quas.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (250) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”