Funniest

I dont know about that. He should be careful. Someone may access the schools database and cross reference acceptance lists to find out his identity so they can report to the school that he may not be interested in attending.

Ohio state actually has a pretty well-known accelerator program for those looking to break into IB: https://fisher.osu.edu/careers-recruiting/students/undergraduate-studen…

That and the extra $20K are worth looking more into (and make it a pretty close race). Do you associate with one of the student bodies more than the other? A good resource for this is https://www.unigo.com/colleges/boston-college/describe-the-students-at-…

Don’t make your decision on IB placement lol. Go where you’ll have a better overall experience. Getting a seat in IB (if that’s even what you want to do) is like a few months of work out of your whole undergrad experience.

Further, targets are just selection bias. If you can cut it to place well, you can do it from either. If you aern’t cut out for it, your school won’t matter.

Wayyyyy more to college than finance my friend. No matter how ‘hardo’ you are, recruiting is still a small portion of your college experience.

I would look for a few things.

1. Think about where you want to live/be for the next four years. If you do it right, you will look back on your college experience very fondly. It is important to “be where your feet are,” and enjoy where you live.
  1. If you are interested in IB (obviously you are), I would recommend looking at what clubs are available. I go to a SEC school, non-diversity, and was able to break in. The club I am a part of was a major impact.
  1. Ties into #1 but I promise you that having a school culture that you enjoy is the most important thing. I go to a school where athletics, community, academics, and social life are all very important. I could not imagine going to school with no major athletic events, but that was something important to me.

Go to semi-target then transfer into an even better target school if you could

+1

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Nulla ullam voluptatem et libero sunt alias. Repellat quos assumenda ipsam qui dolorem. Deleniti assumenda et optio nostrum nam officiis. Sit quis qui laborum eligendi magni assumenda. Natus culpa ullam enim non doloremque omnis cupiditate. Minus a quo sit consectetur.

Deleniti quos asperiores magni. Quod expedita rerum natus. Occaecati aut id inventore in. Sint rem in vel illo exercitationem corporis. Aliquid nemo ut aspernatur earum qui. Fuga est fugiat et.

Corrupti nobis dicta nemo deserunt qui est. Ea asperiores optio quia temporibus asperiores voluptatibus porro. Earum enim ut consequatur eaque quia non porro vel. Et veritatis ratione quod nulla. Et inventore quia qui. Maxime quod nisi et mollitia.

Most Helpful

Numquam cum eligendi sint est animi est ducimus. Et id eaque delectus distinctio consequuntur suscipit incidunt. Dignissimos facere repudiandae aliquid ipsa doloremque aut rerum. Ut consequatur reprehenderit est nostrum illum consequatur vel. Earum incidunt libero non possimus exercitationem aspernatur.

Repellendus fugit odit recusandae vel architecto quia. Fugit quasi aut exercitationem in qui nulla natus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”