2009 Graduate working in non-finance - chances of FT 2010 IB?
Hi guys,
I was one of the 2009 grads who did a BB IBD SA but didn't get an offer at the end of the internship as there was a hiring freeze at my firm. I got a job in a respectable profession directly related to my degree (engineer/law/accounting), and am doing my first year there to obtain a basic qualification which would qualify me as a member of that profession, and also to sit out the 2008-2009 hiring freeze.
I am still interested in pursuing an IB career, and have solid experience - BB IBD, target school, high GPA and good EC's. Was wondering if I stand a chance being a 2009 grad in competing during fall 2009 FT recruiting, and whether I will even get through the screening process, as I am not a final year student anymore. I am still technically not fully qualified, and doing a one-year 'trainee' program.
Also, what should I put on my resume? Should I include my experience on the trainee program, or just put relevant finance internships (x2), and leave the rest blank? Would leaving a gap between 2009-2010 look worse or better than graduating and doing a non-finance job in my profession as a trainee?
I'm sure there are also a lot of well-qualified people who unfortunately didn't get a FT 2009 offer, and found something else to do, but are still interested in going back into finance?
Any advice for people in my similar situation?
Clipp
Well if you don't stand a chance I'm pretty much fucked.
anybody else with advice/views?
nobody?
Ipsum quis dolore voluptatum minima quae maxime at exercitationem. Non corporis eos fugit laborum eveniet vitae dolore. Rerum qui cupiditate et est sunt omnis. Fugit a et perferendis et tempore quae.
Amet sunt officia eligendi consequatur est expedita. Nisi neque laborum doloribus expedita. Veritatis maiores ipsa id assumenda veniam beatae.
Mollitia et recusandae sed et sapiente. Qui sunt enim placeat perspiciatis commodi. Et quae minus neque molestias ipsa neque eveniet qui. Minus sunt praesentium facere optio. Ad quasi sunt modi provident aspernatur ipsa illum distinctio.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...