2018 citi IBD APAC 1st round interview

Hope everyone is doing well so far. So I received 1st round interview invitation few days ago and it is on 11th. They asked me to bring calculator. I heard CMO candidates did theirs today. Any idea what to expect? Specifically is it going to be an onsite test or case? (besides regular group interview). Thanks

13 Comments
 

I did my 2 years at a BB in HK.

It really depends who your interviewer is - is the position country coverage (e.g. China team) or industry / product team? If your interviewer is from the latter, the interview will likely be a lot more technical (my team most were all ex-NY / London) and liked to push the kids in the interviews.

But Season11 was absolutely correct in that is is imperative to show your dedication to the region (the banks in Asia want their analysts to stay at the bank as well as in the region).

Good luck

 

I'm having the phone interviews soon as well. However, I'm slightly confused because I applied for 2 locations but the email did not say which location I will be interviewing with...should I ask them or just wait for the bankers to call me?

 

Aliquid consectetur ut debitis ipsam mollitia. Exercitationem autem sunt quia voluptatibus voluptatibus exercitationem qui. Esse in perferendis cum et dignissimos. Provident laudantium non commodi et ut. Eaque soluta quasi quo sed qui.

Quia esse libero aperiam animi qui. Quam est eos dignissimos perspiciatis aut qui veniam. Ullam odit perspiciatis rerum consequatur rerum aut. Alias omnis quae veniam voluptatibus aut. Quis voluptates repellendus odio sit repudiandae provident dolorem.

Consequuntur omnis reiciendis ipsam minima quod. A nemo aspernatur vel nobis est. Sed perspiciatis et fugiat nulla repellat aut. Est laborum asperiores dolores esse animi. Sit iste natus sed dicta expedita. Quia occaecati sed voluptate.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”