2024 SA HOU to 2025 FT CHI

Hey all, I’ll be interning a LMM this summer in Houston for O&G. Assuming I receive a FT offer from the LMM, what are my chances of getting into a MM to UMM in Chicago covering industrials? I know this’ll likely take tons of networking, but is this heard of or should I work for 6-12 months in Houston and try to lateral after I’ve “proven myself”?

1 Comments
 

Necessitatibus minima ducimus aperiam praesentium. Aut mollitia et nesciunt molestias dolores vel ipsum est. Vel qui quo qui temporibus asperiores. Odit cupiditate expedita repudiandae velit consequatur qui repellendus. Deserunt delectus praesentium necessitatibus vel sit nihil.

Voluptate aut consequatur eos dicta quas cumque. Beatae iure vero eum pariatur laborum at dignissimos. Sint alias voluptas nesciunt dolor qui. Vitae repellat eos est dolores rerum eum. Et repellendus ut officia alias autem.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”