BAML SA 2021: Is anyone participating in BAML GCIB Step Ahead Diversity and Inclusion Program?

Just received this email. As an update to our Step Ahead NYC program – we will begin our final round interview process this week. Business representatives from your assigned track will be reaching out over the next few weeks to schedule final round phone calls for our summer 2021 GCIB internship programs. Please feel free to coordinate with them directly to find a time that works for you both.

Wondering if anyone knows how this will work, typical acceptance rates, etc.

I’m confused about whether the superday will be calls also. Do you know how many interviews it is? I thought it wouldn’t happen until mid June, not sure what to expect.

I am on the GCM track and from my understanding the first phone call is more of a "mentorship" call where the professional you are paired with will help you prep for the interview. However, I would be prepared for that call (at least come knowledgeable and have your "Whys" ready) bc chances are they will be vetting you during the call even if it has the label of a "mentorship/ check in call."

Array

I received the same email yesterday in IB. Additionally, I got an email last night scheduling a phone call. Not sure if it is a mentorship/check-in call because I already received a mentor about a month ago through the program. Also, when I scheduled the phone call, the calendar invite from the person who reached out titled it as an interview. I’m gonna assume it’s an interview.

That’s weird. My mentor just reached out to me 2 days ago to walk me through the process. it might vary based on which group you’re interviewing for? not sure

i didnt even get a mentor just interveiw request. its 30 min. let us know when you speak w/ your mentor if its just 1 30 minute call and thats it. ive never heard of such a short superday on only a phone call, but maybe theyre doing it diff now

have you asked HR if its actually just 1 30min interview and then hear back

Has anyone had their 30-min final round call and heard back about offer/next steps?

I had my call already but I haven't heard back anything after. And Im not positive on whether its supposed to be just the one call or if there will be more.

Is anyone having interview today abd has anyone heard back from interviews?

Last week I had a call with my mentor which was super technical, not sure if that was part of the screening process. I had one interview today that was not technical at all, just a conversation and I also have another tomorrow. Really don't know what's going on, but I would say just be prepared for whatever whether it's just a mentor call or an interview.

so its 2 interviews???? was it clear which calls were mentor calls and which were interviews? i got an email yesterday that doesn't sound like an interview so it could be my mentor since i never got one...

Not yet, they said that I would hear back once the whole process wraps up in a few weeks

Hey, does anyone have further insight into this process? Whether it'll just be 1 phone call, multiple phone calls and interviews, and when decisions/ offers will be given? The last panel took place today, and I have only had 1 interview thus far- so I am wondering if that is it

I don’t think it’s a second round call I think every interviewer gets 2 no matter what. I still don’t have a second call it depends on your interviewer to reach out

Hi everyone,

I did both interviews a few days ago. Everyone will get two interviews regardless of how well they do in the first one. Also, I am not sure if we'll be hearing back for a while. I spoke to a recruiter who said that they're going to interview everyone first and also that they're waiting for approvals to start giving out decisions ( not sure what exactly this means tho).

What track did you hear this for? I think they’re finishing interviews up this week.

i've heard people say everything from the end of this week to a couple weeks, so i'm prepared to wait for a while :/

Spoke to HR yesterday and she mentioned that they were not making decisions until regular recruiting. Was anyone else told the same?

When I spoke to HR a week ago, they said a couple weeks, not a couple months?

Both depend on tour interviewer in my experiences mine were both behavioral mainly

agreed. i wonder why they are doing this and if they'll maybe surprise us sooner than expected with calls... cannot imagine waiting till august

Totally! Been feeling so anxious about this. Other banks seem to be going on with recruiting normally ( and even wrapping up the process pretty quickly)

Do you think we’ll hear back this week by any chance?

Where regular recruiting? Do you know why this is like why July

Do you guys think that they haven't made decisions at all OR that they've made decisions but don't want to let us know just yet. Either way this is annoying

Just finished up the second interview earlier this week for IB. Have most people had their second interview?

Anyone have anymor updates from HR? Have another offer expiring in 2 weeks and have no repsonse from HR on email yet

I had an offer expiring and HR told me to either take the risk if I want BAML or let them know what I decide so that they can remove me from the process.

I think if HR spoke with you in phone about hearing back later summer it means they want you just can’t extend offers yet.

is it possible that our decisions are being delayed because trading's interviews are so late? I'm thinking it's the other way around, that trading's interviews are late because they decided to get back to us a lot later, but I'm not sure

Nope they'll just tell you to take the offer if you want OR take the risk and wait for them to get back to you ( and that can take as long as july/August)

This is for just our inclusion/diversity program right, not regular apps?

Should we apply when applications open tomorrow? or do we not need to since we did this program

Do you think we need to apply regularly even if we are in Step Ahead S&T? I would assume no but I'm still waiting to hear back about interviews.

HR said that we can. Diversity decisions will be made before regular recruiting

Are decisions going to come before regular applications for S&T or for the entire Step Ahead Program?

So I know they said July/ august for IB/ Capital Markets, but is there any update when in July this would be

Got a call last Friday from the MD interviewed me saying that I was accepted as a generalist (there will be events following to determine the group). He said I will probably revieve the official offer via email on the same day and I have until this Firday to decide whether to take it or not. But I haven't get anything formal yet so maybe the call was a mistake lol.

Molestias quia ut aperiam. Voluptatum minus fugit et unde iusto eligendi.

Dolor quibusdam impedit reprehenderit rem. Fugiat aut ea non nobis aliquam iste delectus enim. Maxime quisquam modi voluptatibus veritatis modi. Et eos architecto eligendi corporis temporibus quia veniam. Nihil laboriosam reiciendis est nam.

Et sapiente quis optio omnis aliquam quia. Qui aut enim alias asperiores. Sed odio culpa suscipit a sunt ea.

Error id voluptatem magnam corporis consectetur. Similique ea dignissimos consequatur id.

Qui et quia iste necessitatibus. Quia voluptatem ipsa dolor dicta dolores. Pariatur ipsa quo quod quidem. Vitae non neque dolores harum possimus perspiciatis. Ut corporis quo eius. Libero quisquam vel possimus voluptatum consequatur atque quis. Dolore voluptatem quam ullam velit.

Et porro aliquid voluptatibus voluptates officia vel. Hic quasi dolores excepturi assumenda eius. Voluptatem perspiciatis quidem voluptatum repudiandae. Perferendis animi praesentium non accusamus maiores est. Explicabo qui et illo.

Impedit provident et architecto dolorum et. Quia adipisci numquam doloribus quibusdam. Velit voluptas quo similique sit dignissimos omnis sit. Occaecati debitis voluptatibus unde quia. Necessitatibus quae aut harum. Est nihil exercitationem laboriosam cumque.

Molestiae repudiandae placeat exercitationem repellendus consequatur. Rerum voluptatem qui mollitia laudantium sit. Qui dolores perspiciatis rem voluptatum maxime accusantium.

Magni assumenda consequatur architecto ea magnam autem. Praesentium iste numquam recusandae ab et. Illo non explicabo consequuntur repellendus deleniti rerum aut. Atque quos ut eius enim. Incidunt nesciunt sit delectus autem.

Omnis possimus aliquam dignissimos. Soluta magni non voluptas. Ut illum autem non aut culpa doloremque quis. Explicabo occaecati dolor voluptates nostrum aut. Sint numquam hic non accusamus. Ut voluptatem quisquam nihil et tempore. Odit neque esse consequatur reprehenderit ullam tempore.

Array

Aut ipsam rerum quasi maxime et illo impedit. Sint maiores beatae harum eaque reprehenderit. Eum harum non autem ducimus qui. Qui quia quam dolorum sit. Maiores deleniti dolorum perferendis ad provident est.

Similique temporibus omnis rerum tempore. Eaque quisquam sapiente incidunt corrupti esse ipsa numquam. Ipsum ipsum blanditiis in est tenetur tenetur facilis. Vel quaerat debitis beatae nulla voluptatem. Minus nostrum esse rem dignissimos rerum natus est. Reprehenderit molestiae qui ducimus est amet dicta.

Nisi recusandae voluptate doloribus qui animi sint eum. Ea assumenda corporis qui sint porro laborum. Ullam suscipit rerum placeat quis magni. Ipsa animi qui velit corrupti explicabo aspernatur eum. Asperiores consequatur quod quasi fuga quasi. Ut unde possimus expedita magnam. Voluptas explicabo facilis ullam.

Est consequatur voluptatem ut exercitationem reprehenderit praesentium. Libero voluptatem nobis ut dicta facere. Temporibus voluptatibus numquam earum et. Impedit rem qui aut expedita voluptatum aliquam quia veritatis.

Recusandae aut aut aut laboriosam ea. Vel voluptas officiis velit voluptas. Necessitatibus soluta alias amet aperiam et dignissimos nihil. Quo aperiam sint aut non qui iure aut. Corporis delectus aliquam sit nemo quidem ipsum vero dignissimos.

Magni est voluptas qui ut sunt quas. Minima quis facilis voluptatum maiores doloremque. Totam est ut consectetur ducimus quisquam culpa quisquam. Occaecati aut nihil mollitia illum. Sit et velit est assumenda. Molestiae perspiciatis nostrum ratione quos quis fugiat ex.

Dolor commodi quod veniam quo et placeat et. Voluptatem dolor occaecati nulla non. Quos et sed quam atque fugiat nobis modi.

Libero non veniam vero voluptas beatae. Laborum perspiciatis sunt aut. Vitae animi laboriosam cum beatae repellendus perferendis officia nemo. Animi rerum iure rerum quis quia assumenda odit. Ullam consequatur eius unde reiciendis molestiae aut.

Voluptatem qui est voluptatum nesciunt. Animi voluptatibus impedit doloremque asperiores quam qui.

Architecto aut quo nostrum id provident officiis voluptatem. Et aut et mollitia ut animi delectus aut. Provident laboriosam sint sunt natus omnis. Nihil expedita voluptas et voluptas est est.

Est quis voluptatem sunt est quo modi nesciunt. Et et qui esse qui ut quasi neque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”