Deleted
Deleted deleted deleted detested deleted delete red deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted
Deleted deleted deleted detested deleted delete red deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted
| +189 | Just One More Year | 14 | 4h |
| +173 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 74 | 4d |
| +123 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 19 | 2d |
| +86 | Paradise Is Paradise | 7 | 2h |
| +77 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 27 | 14h |
| +38 | How do I take my foot off the gas? (AN1) | 4 | 16h |
| +38 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 13 | 12h |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 5d |
| +25 | Why did EVR succeed vs GHL or PWP that ended up getting acquired? | 7 | 2d |
| +23 | HR is starting to worry me, do I throw a hail mary during an upcoming chat with an MD? | 2 | 3h |
Career Resources
Once you get in the door and are at the first interview you should be fine. While GPA is supposed to reflect a sense of grit, I think it's mainly just used as a filter for 1st rounds (That is if you have applicable experience). I would just be prepared to answer the question "why is your gpa so low?" (and be grilled heavily on this)
Also, since you do have a lower GPA I would apply to more "safer" programs(MMs, BSBs, Reg) and not just BBs and EBs. It's all about getting your foot in the door, gpa won't worry as much later, but still try to keep it up to maximize your options.
Deleted
1) Make sure you never lie about your GPA, a firm will request transcripts and you can mess up a great opportunity with lack of transparency.
2) I know you mentioned taking harder classes, I’d personally flip that thought process. Take the easiest teachers next semester and get that GPA up. Just force yourself to pay attention. Also, they teach you everything on the job. Obviously you need background knowledge but don’t be too stressed about individual classes and not grasping a concept fully.
Best of luck!
Deleted
Deleted
Sed non est quia consequatur. Et sapiente in doloremque fugit atque dolores ex. Error quaerat in earum odit sed odio delectus.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...