Energy Investment Banking Outlook 2025

I am joining an energy investment banking team in London as an intern this summer. I am a bit concerned about the current market conditions in this space + the team has taken a lot of interns so there is a 1/4 Intern/Full time ratio, so I am also nervous about the possibility of getting a return offer. 
Does anyone have any insights on the energy investment banking market outlook? And possibly any advice?

10 Comments
 

The team covers oil & gas, utilities, renewables and mining. I have just heard that energy is one of the groups that will be hit hardest by Trump's tariffs, less activity in the economy and renewables are not such a hot topic anymore as many projects are not profitable without subsidies. But I do not have much experience so it would be great to hear your take on it if you have any insights

 

Nihil fugiat consequatur reprehenderit laudantium. Est alias et qui est beatae optio. Iure nobis enim magni consequatur sint. In animi a aut beatae soluta praesentium ut.

Nisi illo exercitationem sint repellat. Doloremque aut enim eum nesciunt. Est assumenda sit rerum sapiente. Non ea fugiat deserunt omnis esse nihil mollitia. Non ut molestiae inventore et cum quam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”