Finance Sophomore Recruiting 2020
What banks outside of BB programs accept sophomore SA? What are some other small PE/HF/VC shops that sophomores should focus on?
What banks outside of BB programs accept sophomore SA? What are some other small PE/HF/VC shops that sophomores should focus on?
| +90 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 57 | 5h |
| +88 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 23 | 2h |
| +81 | You should probably leave IB | 27 | 4h |
| +46 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 11 | 2h |
| +43 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 4d |
| +41 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 30 | 1d |
| +26 | Lateraling as Analyst | 25 | 1h |
| +26 | Banking (Un)fortunately Still Needs You: My Case for Bankers in the AI Era | 4 | 2h |
| +24 | How much should you ask questions / seek feedback as an intern? | 9 | 14h |
| +24 | UBS IB #24 in US M&A in 2026 | 10 | 11h |
Career Resources
If you are a non diversity candidate it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to land a sophomore SA position if you have not already figured that out.
My strategy for finding a boutique IB internship after my sophomore year was the following. I got linkedin premium, and I would do searches for "Investment Banking Summer Analyst at...." and plug in the different BB banks. I would then go to these people's profiles and look at where they interned the summer after their sophomore year. I would then try to find an email or some sort of connection at these banks that have proven they were open to hiring Sophomores and grind to try and get an interview.
I was able to get multiple superdays by doing this strategy and I am currently interning at a boutique in New York. Remember, it is a numbers game. I probably reached out to almost 100 banks, got 5 superdays, and 2 offers
EDIT: it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to land a sophomore SA position at a BB
What's the time frame for this? i.e. should this be a process that starts right now or more towards spring break? I don't want to be a complete dick and inquire way ahead of time if that's not something they'd appreciate
Quasi consequatur quasi sed explicabo adipisci debitis. Sunt quo aut beatae et animi non asperiores.
Inventore praesentium est cum ducimus dolores deserunt et excepturi. Corporis autem vel voluptas enim. Voluptatem corrupti voluptatem aut placeat magni culpa id. Et vitae molestiae ea. Doloremque ut laudantium qui deserunt eveniet ipsa. Ullam iste totam enim nesciunt accusamus.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...