Goldman Sachs 2020 SA

As I have not seen a discussion of this topic, I thought it would be a good idea to start one. With the application opening next week, can anyone provide insight into the past few years process? Feel free to discuss any and all topics related to the 2020 SA position. Thanks!

From my understanding, the whole reason they started hirevues was so that they could give access to far more people. At first, they would only interview mainly people at targets but now they are able to interview far more people. If you meet the criteria (GPA, Class year, etc) you should receive a hirevue. This is according to my understanding and the people I have spoken with. Hope that helps.

It's always worth reaching out and networking. That doesn't end when you get the interview, the superday, the job. Even on the job you want to continue networking. The bigger and better (quality) network = more quality opportunities throughout your career. An extreme example of this would be a good friend of mine. He's a F150 CFO. He has his current gig because he worked for the firm's current CEO at a different firm several yrs (and jobs) ago. When the new CEO assembled his team, he called my buddy and recruited him over (from a CFO spot at a different company). They had kept in touch over the years, liked each other, etc.

Networking is not just for getting started, it's about staying in motion.

Spoke with HR today, here is the definitive timeline for NY IBD. There will be multiple superdays, all virtual, with the first one being the week of 7/22 (invites will likely be sent out 7/18 onwards). Following superdays will take place in August. Offers are anticipated to be extended by end of day on the day of the superday. Cheers.

I work at an elite boutique (think chick fil a, Taco Bell, checkers,etc.) summer analyst pay is above standard drive through, and some firms like chick fil a have enacted protected weekends by making us take Sunday off

I would say not to lose hope. I find that most forums here can be a bit toxic in the sense that they make us overthink this process. I would just continue prepping as if I am going to get a hirevue. If you get it, great. If not, I'm sure the prep you did will be relevant elsewhere.

Just spoke to contact who is head of my career office and organizes recruitment for my school. For those who have done HireVue and status still is “completed” but have not gotten an answer, you are still alive. They have rejected people already but kept some people that they like and want to consider for next Superday wave. Confirmed that Superday is virtual

Does anyone have any insight into the Hispanic Latino Leadership Summit? Any possibility of them pooling applicants considered for this program for a superday at the conclusion of the program versus the one scheduled for this week?

Most Helpful

How many of you guys are going to keep repeating the same thing? There has been a discussion over Hirevues, at least 100+ comments, alone. If you guys cannot understand the simple thing between if you moved on, got rejected, or are still being considered, then how are yall gonna work at GS? People in this chat talked to individuals working at GS and gave you guys the updates. Yet there so many people who keep doubting or requestioning the same thing. Stop being annoying to others in the chat, if you want to ask something that has been answered just PM, stop blowing it up on the main thread. That is just my two cents and what everybody thinks, but nobody wants to say. Good luck working at GS if you cannot simply read other comments lol.

It's hilarious how many 'tards come out of the dark and onto the thread whenever GS recruiting is going on.

Those of you asking the level 1 questions that have been asked in 5 different ways 30+ times on this thread are clueless, good luck.. lmao

To those of you who are actually serious and have already applied/gotten hirevues/superdays, etc. congrats because this crowd does not seem like a bright one this cycle, secure the bag kings

Thank you for your reply !

So , there won’t be hirevue ? Do you know if anybody has received any communication from them ? I applied to China’s office

did anyone else get a call from the SF office saying that they're still deciding and will let you know by the end of the week? I thought most offers had already gone out

It's probably gonna get lost in the comments but this is for all sophomores here. I heard from a VP that HR will be reviewing all sophomore resumes in September and all super days are going to be held in late September and early October. Don't worry. You're gonna get through this.

Controversial

Talked with an alumni from my school and she recommended that I take another offer I got at another bank because almost all the spots are taken. She said their is a "grim chance" of me getting something because I applied after the first week the portal was open. I have a 3.9+ from a semi-target (alumni come on and do interviews but no official HR people). I just wanted to give other people a heads up so they don't chase after something that is not very probable. Best of luck to all!

To all of you who got placed on the “hold list” from the first wave super day for classic NYC IBD: I finally heard back last night after almost 3 weeks and was given the offer. So it IS possible to get off the list, so keep pushing and being patient. I go to a non-target and didn’t even have another offer to leverage, so I would expect for most of you on that list to hear back soon too if you haven’t already. From my understanding, everyone on the hold list is considered good enough to receive an offer, but HR could only take a set amount of people right away because they had to give a shot to later applicants in waves 2 and 3. Best of luck everyone!!

You guys are asking questions that nobody can answer, or even wants to answer. To shed some light on the process, I completed a HireVue in late July and heard nothing until two weeks ago when I was invited for a virtual Super Day. If you’re not informed that you are rejected post-HireVue, there’s still a chance. Just wait until you are contacted instead of asking the same questions every day...

Just wanted to say thanks, it takes guts to come out and say you got rejected. Best of luck in future opportunities, and hope you find yourself at GS down the line if it's truly what you want.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”