Help: Internship Offers
Had been networking my ass off. Grateful for two internship offers, that I've got. Really hard to decide between them. Stating all the deciding factors.
Naming them A & B.
Both are Mid Market banks. Brand value seems to be equal across the street.
Both A & B have similar head count in IB team. A only offers IB services. B is a full service bank, offering wealth management products as well. Gun to my head, B's brand name is a tad better. Nothing significant tho.
Return Offer Possibility: Both offer that possibility.
Chances of return offer:
Bank A has a dedicated analyst program. And they're taking a few interns right now, out of which some will be given a full time offer.
Bank B has very few analysts. Not sure if it's a structured analyst class approach that they follow. Had a conversation with one of their analysts who was an intern for 6 months and then converted (cause some other analyst left/ was let go). Again, this made me a bit sceptical.
When I asked my interviewer about the possibility of a return offer, he told me it's on the table.
First call at Bank A was with the MD who are explicitly mentioned I'd get to work on live deals. The interviewer also told me the same thing, tho she did mention that it would take a few weeks.
The interviewer also mentioned that they are completely understaffed. They have a ton off deal flow, so I'd get that experience ultimately.
At bank B, when I asked the interviewer (AVP) he mentioned that he" can't promise me anything, but there's a high possibility". So don't know know what to take from that.
Exit opps: PE exits are minimal for both banks. Tho, I have seen people from Bank B go to Tier 1 banks that place extremely well across all MFs.
Same for Bank A to some extent, people going to solid banks and then landing UMM/MM PE positions.
Teams: M&A team at bank b. Strong team. Good deal flow. Bigger deal size here.
& bank A, and would be working on series A- F rounds. Smaller deal size as compared to B.
Any and all help appreciated.