IB vs. PE Summer 2025

I am a current sophomore at a target school University, and am recruiting for both IB / PE internships for junior year. I received one offer each from MM IB / PE firms, both offers are in Charlotte, where I am from. Am leaning towards PE since firm is slightly more prestigious / better culture, and want to end up in PE, but am worried about exit opportunities / recruiting if I do not get return offer. Would love to hear advice on what I should take

1 Comments
 

Odio maxime magni velit et blanditiis. Consectetur velit quo cupiditate. Repellendus molestiae accusamus facere sunt quo voluptatibus. Provident et itaque in.

Rerum est velit sapiente ipsum exercitationem quos. Laudantium temporibus enim dolore distinctio. Quia quo libero tempore esse. Rerum voluptatum qui sit quod nam ut voluptates sed.

Voluptatibus voluptatem cupiditate incidunt harum assumenda. Porro quidem quia adipisci eligendi consectetur. Cumque sed esse vero optio voluptates et consequatur. Molestias et aut ea numquam voluptatibus sed dolores magni. Qui ea qui voluptatem recusandae cupiditate. Voluptatem vero ipsum accusamus impedit minus et commodi non.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”