Is there any hope to catch up and get an offer for SA 2026?

I go to a semi-target school in the south (Vandy, Emory, Duke), and I am so behind on networking. I have only done around 15 chats so far. I am locking in on technicals during break right now and will mock in January at school so I think that is okay, but networking is the main part that is worrying me. 

I know the timeline is moving up a lot, and apps are going to be opening in January so I'm not sure if I even have a chance, and if I do, how should I approach networking after the holiday (ie. should I hold off on submitting for earlier deadlines until I network or submit first)?

Also, for context, I have a decent GPA (3.7) but no internships in finance, just other kinda related fields. 

2 Comments
 

Est delectus illum hic iure doloribus vel. At sed doloribus dicta voluptatem. Fugit et ratione vitae magni dolore. Omnis eligendi ratione deserunt est. Quo quo qui voluptatem rerum sed rerum sequi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”