“I had a very positive experience with my mentor and I am truly grateful for the time, support, and guidance they provided throughout our sessions. From the very beginning, my mentor was extremely kind, approachable, and available, which made it easy to communicate openly, ask questions, and discuss both my goals and uncertainties about the next steps in my career.
One of the most valuable parts of the mentoring experience was the work we did together on my LinkedIn profile. We essentially rebuilt and improved it from scratch, carefully going through my previous experiences, skills, and achievements and discussing how to present them in a clearer and more effective way. My mentor helped me understand how important it is to have a strong and well-structured LinkedIn profile and how to use it to communicate my strengths, professional interests, and career goals. The feedback and practical suggestions I received were extremely useful, and I now feel much more confident about how I present myself professionally online.
Beyond my LinkedIn profile, I particularly appreciated the practical tips and honest advice my mentor shared with me about how to approach the next steps in my career. The guidance was not limited to improving my online presence, but also helped me think more strategically about where I want to go and how I can get there. I received valuable suggestions on how to position myself, what aspects of my profile to focus on, and how to approach future opportunities more effectively.
Another aspect I appreciated was my mentor’s willingness to listen and adapt the conversations to my specific needs. I never felt that the sessions were generic or simply followed a predefined structure. Instead, the discussions were tailored to my situation, which made the advice much more relevant and actionable. My mentor was patient when explaining things, encouraging when I had doubts, and constructive when pointing out areas where I could improve.
Overall, this mentoring experience gave me both practical tools and greater confidence in taking the next steps in my professional journey. I came away with a significantly improved LinkedIn profile, a clearer understanding of how to communicate my experience and strengths, and a better idea of how to approach my future career development.
I would definitely recommend this mentor to anyone looking for someone who is supportive, knowledgeable, and genuinely invested in helping others grow. Their kindness, availability, and practical approach made the experience extremely valuable, and I am very grateful for all the time and effort they dedicated to helping me.”
Analyst 1 in IB - Cov, bummer your thread hasn't had a response yet. Maybe one of these threads could point you in the right direction:
More suggestions...
You're welcome.
Anyone else get a preference survey?
Heard their healthcare team is hiring FT. Friend got an interview there by cold emailing an analyst
there's no networking at jpm tho?
That’s only for SA. You can still network for FT recruiting.
Vitae sint et atque natus praesentium velit. Quibusdam iste recusandae nobis provident illo reprehenderit atque. Voluptatem quia quo quos vero voluptates voluptatem totam mollitia. Modi et odio sequi nostrum aut veritatis modi.
Et nulla ab velit. Deleniti nulla soluta ipsa earum sed. Cupiditate et esse veritatis ut voluptas quos commodi. Pariatur perferendis earum in culpa. Minima odio voluptatem id est beatae rem amet.
Facere ratione consequatur molestiae quia itaque ducimus nemo quia. Deserunt perferendis facilis id odit illo vitae. Quos eum nisi quibusdam doloremque id.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...