JPMorgan 2020 Proud To Be Thread

Hey all, I see threads for earlier years of this but none for 2020 so I figured I'd get it started.
Anyone have prior experience able to tell us what to expect? Where is everyone currently at with their applications? Who are you and what does your application look like? Anyone who maybe has applied and got rejected with friendly advice about what you did differently? What do we all think about the Pymetrics system?

Comments (95)

Jun 24, 2019 - 8:24am
amaiolo4, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I'll get things started. Currently a Junior attending Summer courses so I'll be completing my final semester the Fall after the internship.
Applied Associates of Arts and Sciences (AAAS) in Business from a CC, currently a 3.7 at Pace NYC in their Finance BBA program. Applied to the IB, MM Banking and Specialized Industries, and Chase Leadership Development programs. Pymetrics was interesting to see, I definitely saved my results to look over for later reference. From a managerial standpoint (my current job), I appreciated that it was a one-time thing despite applying to 3 different programs.

"In order to make a man covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain." ― Dan Ariely

Jun 24, 2019 - 10:59pm
db guy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

where di you do the pymetrics? i didn't have to do it, did you get an email or something? I submitted about a week ago

Array

Jul 7, 2019 - 5:54pm

I got an email almost immediately about Pymetrics. Like, within 10 minutes immediately. I've also applied to them before though, so maybe just submitting an application pushed me through since I qualified for the 2nd or 3rd step after applying last time.

"In order to make a man covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain." ― Dan Ariely

Jul 7, 2019 - 5:57pm

Sorry, I posted my response independently, not as a reply. See below!

Jul 7, 2019 - 5:57pm

Update:
I submitted my Pymetrics thing June 16th. I applied to three (3) different programs. I got a HireVue request for the first program (Investment Banking) June 26th after-hours and submitted my videos June 28th in the morning. I also got a second HireVue request, this time for the Chase Leadership Development Program, on July 5th. I submitted that video July 6th.

Jul 16, 2019 - 9:27am
sometimes31, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hi everyone!

I was wondering what everyone's application status says. Mine says "Application Reviewed," and has been that way for awhile. However, the 3 divisions I applied to say "Under Consideration," so I guess I'm wondering if it's like this for everyone else or not?

Jul 16, 2019 - 5:39pm
JordanABC123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Mine also says Application Reviewed for the Proud to Be application. For my 3 divisions, 2 say Under Consideration (got a hirevue for both of these), but my third says application recieved (not reviewed) and I never got a hirevue for this one. I submitted all my stuff in mid June.

Jul 23, 2019 - 10:49pm
db guy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone have an idea on when they get back to us, maybe from last year?

Array

Jul 24, 2019 - 4:46pm

At the bottom of the info page for the application it says people will hear back within 4 weeks of the application closing, which with the close date of June 30 would make that this Sunday, so if they stick with the 4 week deadline I imagine we'll hear back this week (as I doubt they do that stuff over weekends).

Jul 27, 2019 - 2:31pm

Still have not heard anything. The posting says "You will receive an email notification about your application status within four weeks of the application deadline." Perhaps that means we may here tomorrow (exactly 4 weeks since June 30), or maybe that deadline was just a random thing that they aren't following strictly. It says we should hear about our status which sounds like we will be notified regardless of whether it is a good or bad result.

Jul 26, 2019 - 12:30pm
ibhardo101, what's your opinion? Comment below:

The superday for Proud to be is on August 20th or August 23rd.( don't count me on that ) so we should be hearing back soon. I am assuming that they are still reviewing Hirevues.

Array
Jul 29, 2019 - 4:42pm
IB+, what's your opinion? Comment below:

has anyone hard back anything yet for proud to be

Jul 29, 2019 - 9:15pm
Chimpbanana267, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does anybody have any idea when they're going to update everyone??

Jul 31, 2019 - 10:57am
ballin3201, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does it say app reviewed instead of under consideration?

Array
Jul 31, 2019 - 10:59am
jfjioaq, what's your opinion? Comment below:

You guys need to specify which app. Cause there's the investment banking app and there's the proud to be app, which have two statuses

Array
Jul 31, 2019 - 2:10pm

Has anyone received an invite after 2pm? Perhaps invitations are released throughout the day.

Array
Jul 31, 2019 - 5:29pm

When did you receive the invite? Was it after 2pm?

Array
Aug 2, 2019 - 7:09am

Mine still does, but my department-specific apps say "Under Consideration"

Aug 2, 2019 - 1:34am
Anon2021, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I received an invite and filled out the reg form but have not heard back about details? Has anyone heard back yet?

Aug 2, 2019 - 7:40pm
thisisntreal, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I also was invited and filled out the form... havent heard back details. Have you since filling out the form?

Aug 2, 2019 - 7:13am

So as of just now I still show as "Under Consideration" for my 3 department apps ("IB" as of July 19, Leadership Development as of July 7, and "Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries" as of July 10). My "Proud To Be" application stills says "Application Reviewed".

Does anyone know the order in which they send out offers? Rolling basis, last name, etc? I believe it's rolling basis but I want to see if anyone's definite on that.

Also, do they send out rejections/update the career page with rejections at the same time? Or does everyone chosen get an offer and after those are done they just send out a reply-all type update?

Aug 7, 2019 - 12:40pm

Did anyone receive superday invite for IBD yet? I got Markets but not IBD and I am kinda worried if I got dinged!

Array
Aug 7, 2019 - 4:09pm

Do you think they gave out invites for IBD yet? I think they are still reviewing the apps but ihdk. Do you mind PM'ing me? I can PM bc I reached the daily limit.

Array
Aug 8, 2019 - 11:33am

Anyone else still just say "Under Consideration"???? Starting to freak out here. Should I bank on not having been picked?

Aug 8, 2019 - 12:23pm
zydeco2019, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I already got travel info, so I would say your chances are low. However, I am assuming you still in the process for the divisions you applied to.

Aug 22, 2019 - 12:49pm
noclulus, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Maybe by the end of this week or earlier next week. I hope it is not an exploding offer but it most likely will be. From what I have heard, they made the decisions right after the interview of who got the offer.

• Prospect in Other
Aug 22, 2019 - 1:43pm

Results come out today!

• Prospect in Other
Aug 22, 2019 - 2:01pm

My interviewers told me I'll be getting the news today - I'm assuming it's good news

Most Helpful
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Aug 22, 2019 - 2:12pm

which division were you referring to and did they say if they would call ppl who got it today/this week and who didnt get it next week? thanks!

• Intern in Other
Aug 26, 2019 - 1:38pm

No I haven't heard anything. The people who I met also haven't heard anything.

Sep 6, 2019 - 1:44pm
thewisebrownkid, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Has anyone heard anything so far??? Its been over 2 weeks. I also have friends who applied to positions regularly get invited to regular superdays

Sep 8, 2019 - 10:15pm

Incidunt doloremque ut quod laborum modi. Quae nisi dolores harum. Debitis eum delectus fuga quis facere dolorem.

Sit dolorum veritatis asperiores sed possimus. Et et ut quasi quo laudantium. Temporibus sint qui et facilis tempora fugiat itaque.

Sep 19, 2019 - 4:25pm

Dolorem eos dolores sequi optio libero facilis. Dicta consequatur labore aperiam aliquam. Magnam vitae officiis autem et itaque impedit. Est et soluta itaque et.

Eaque laboriosam quam facere est. Eum fugiat aperiam velit harum assumenda. Eveniet laudantium reiciendis mollitia et quia dolorum at accusantium.

Fugiat repellat dolorem soluta commodi. Possimus pariatur dolorem architecto repellendus soluta. Atque nemo animi quas repellat eum.

Eius ab consequatur eos nam commodi laudantium. Unde non eveniet cum laboriosam nemo voluptatem. Earum error vitae voluptatem commodi quia nulla aperiam qui. Amet doloremque esse illo corrupti. Officiis sint et recusandae quam.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Sep 19, 2019 - 7:26pm

Sint dolor molestias ullam vel. Eum odit non possimus provident. Reiciendis pariatur enim consectetur odit et. Explicabo laborum qui quo quasi in qui.

Accusamus iusto aperiam minus minus impedit et nobis doloribus. Eum maxime ut voluptas illum. Sit odio consequatur id. Vel nemo libero dolorem adipisci hic velit iure qui.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲05) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲04) 98.8%
  • Financial Technology Partners (+ +) 98.5%
  • Evercore (▽02) 98.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲12) 99.6%
  • Greenhill (▲07) 99.2%