MBA Rankings 2026? MBA -> IB -> PE

I originally completed a finance-focused masters degree from my undergraduate institution (non-target) and failed to break into IB approximately five years ago. I never gave up on my goal.

I’m here again to put my best foot forward to finally break into IB. My long term goal is PE, then the obvious dream of opening my own shop.

Besides the obvious ones (Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Columbia, UChicagoetc.) what are the 2026 rankings for MBA IB recruiting? Assuming I break into IB, which school fares best for PE placement? How do smaller schools fare in IB recruiting (Dartmouth Tuck, MIT, UVA, UC Berkeley, Georgetown) Let’s debate!

5 Comments
 

Odit ipsa voluptatem in quia. Eligendi at distinctio ut. Iure voluptates architecto quaerat eum. Iste quasi amet accusantium ex amet beatae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”