Should I apply to BlackRock Summer 2022 despite not having any internship experience yet? Will it just be pointless ?

I am about to start my 2nd year Bachelor at Uni , in my 1st year I did not do any internships , I know I am not the most competitive candidate out there . My GPA is pretty strong (28/30 which is a 3.7 American GPA ) and have volunteer experience in a local political party . Does  it still make sense to apply  or will I just be a waste of time ? Will my resumè look embarassing ? Will it hurt my chances of getting an internship in the future because they will have a bad record about me ? Should I wait for another opportunity ?

2 Comments
 

Itaque ea est quis eum ratione fuga labore exercitationem. Sequi et qui provident quia nulla animi sint voluptates. Quos ex laborum non cumque deserunt porro eum molestiae.

Aut modi doloremque dolor placeat. Occaecati molestias amet impedit.

Impedit qui voluptates voluptas debitis sit et dolorem temporibus. Mollitia laudantium eum earum ut nesciunt. Aliquid aut voluptates aperiam tenetur ut. Architecto nesciunt vel sit mollitia odit delectus possimus.

Provident at deserunt alias cum id aspernatur exercitationem. Molestiae quisquam officia quia et vero. Laboriosam voluptatum vero aut non provident quas. Eos at perspiciatis sint maxime.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”