The Best of Braverman Sample Chapter

Thought I'd give you guys a peek inside the book now that it's finished:

Just Another Day at the Office

People ask me all the time what it was like to work in a boiler room, so I thought I’d devote a chapter to describing what it was really like. The movie Boiler Room got a lot of it right, though I thankfully never worked for a place that was an out-and-out scam selling stock in companies that didn’t exist.

Keep in mind I worked on the West Coast, so the hours were quite a bit different from what would be typical in New York. It’s also important to understand the underlying philosophy of a boiler room: it’s a numbers game. The more people you call, the more money you’re going to make. And that’s true whether you’re working for Stratton Oakmont or Goldman Sachs.

So a typical day for me began by arriving at the office between 5:00 and 5:30 a.m. Our official showtime wasn’t until six, but the top guys noticed who got there early and who didn’t, and that made a difference when it came to doling out leads and accounts. So I’d get in around five, grab a cup of coffee, and shoot the shit with the other guys while we waited for the morning meeting. Sometimes I even did a little cold-calling on the East Coast. You’d be surprised who you caught in their office at eight in the morning before their secretary got in and screened out your call.

At six the morning meeting would start. This was a nationwide conference call held over the hoot and holler. Most mornings it was the vice president of sales who held the meeting, but occasionally the CEO would get on and spit fire. The meeting consisted of any news updates on our portfolio companies, and then we got daily pricing.

Daily pricing was the only part of the meeting that really mattered, and it was the only part of the meeting most guys paid attention to. Daily pricing was when they told us what all of our principal deals were “up from” for the day. In other words, it was the daily chop report.

The head of trading would go down the list, read off the company name, and then either give the price the stock was up from (meaning the secret price below the offer that was the broker’s hidden commission on top of the 5-percent markup on the offer) or just give the total percentage. He’d say something like, “MAIN (Main Street & Main, Inc. – a T.G.I.Fridays holding company) is up five with twelve, PFTI (Plants For Tomorrow, Inc. -- a landscaping company in the Everglades. You can’t make this stuff up.) is up five with seven and a half, etc.”, meaning MAIN paid a 12-percent commission to the broker after the 5-percent markup, PFTI paid 7.5 percent total after the 5-percent markup, etc.

Whenever a particularly greasy stock would get called out (say up five with twenty or more), you’d see all the senior guys start flipping through their books trying to figure out whom they could sell it to. At a 20-percent commission, even a $25,000 trade paid you $5,000. And all the client ever saw was the 5-percent commission printed on his confirmation.

The morning meeting would end a couple of minutes before the opening bell at six thirty. You used these couple of minutes to take a quick leak, grab another cup of coffee, and gird your loins for what was to come. Because at six thirty it was game on.

Everybody knows that working in a boiler room involves a lot of time on the phone. What most people don’t know is just how much time and how many dials it takes to keep your job. For your average advisor or broker today, if he makes fifty calls in a day, that’s a lot. If you worked at that pace in a boiler room, you’d never last until lunch.

The minimum number was 250. My firm measured both the number of dials you made and the number of minutes you were on the phone each day. Two hundred fifty dials a day kept management off your back as long as your minutes were respectable too. On a 250-dial day, you should be throwing up at least one hundred eighty minutes. Think about that for a minute. That’s three solid hours of talk time. And that was just to stay under the radar.

So at six thirty every morning you picked up your phone and you didn’t put it down until eight thirty when we took our first break. The firm was dead serious about it too. If your phone rested in its cradle for sixty seconds, an alarm went off on the branch manager’s computer alerting him to which extension had been idle for a minute’s time.

This went on for two hours until eight thirty. At eight thirty the breakfast cart would wind its way through the office selling bagels and cream cheese, individual boxes of cereal, whatever. You had fifteen minutes to hit the bathroom, collect any messages you had at reception, and wolf down whatever breakfast you’d managed to procure.

During this fifteen-minute break, the branch manager would grab a printout from the TELS machine. The TELS (or Tele-Sense) machine was not your friend. The TELS report listed everyone’s extension and the number of dials and minutes they had for the day so far (also another good reason to pad your dials before the morning meeting). Every single day you were guaranteed to see someone get publicly reamed for their numbers being too low. Every. Single. Day.

But the raw numbers weren’t the only thing the TELS machine spit out. It also gave management the anomalies report. This consisted of numbers you’d called too many times (like your girlfriend or your bookie), and also highlighted any other anomalous behavior. For example, if you had high dials but low talk time, it meant you were getting a lot of hang-ups or busy signals. That meant that either your leads sucked or you were purposely calling bad numbers because you had call reluctance. As you can imagine, neither was a good outcome and both led to public reaming. Not pretty.

At eight forty-five it was back to the phones for another two hours of smiling and dialing. We took another break at ten forty-five (so the boss could run another TELS report and dole out the requisite reaming), got back to work at eleven, and then powered through to the market close at one. That’s when we broke for lunch.

We had one hour for lunch, so we were lucky that there were plenty of places to eat around us. In the beginning I was so broke that I just brought ramen from home (true story) and just heated it up in our kitchen. Every once in a while I’d church it up by dropping a raw egg into the boiling soup. Good times. Some guys used their lunch to work out in the fitness center upstairs, but I never had the desire.

The afternoon meeting began promptly at two. God help you if you were late. Being late for the afternoon meeting might have been the most serious infraction you could make (aside from low numbers, naturally). The afternoon meeting was a pretty casual affair: we covered anything that happened that day, and then we got overnight pricing. Overnight pricing was the chop we’d get paid on any orders we had ready to go at the open the next day.

This was kind of a genius move on the part of the firm. By giving us overnight pricing, trading had a very good idea of what volume was going to look like in our principal deals the next day. It helped them manage inventory and gave us a carrot to chase after.

Once the afternoon meeting was over, you were pretty much on your own the rest of the day. What exactly “the rest of the day” meant varied from person to person, but if you went home any earlier than management, it wasn’t something you did twice. They generally got out of there between six and seven, and about half the office bolted within another half hour.

The hard-core guys (and all the rookies) worked until at least nine. By nine, you couldn’t cold-call anyone in the continental United States anymore. Some of the guys worked Hawaii and Alaska because it bought them another couple of hours of cold-call time, but I never bothered. Sixteen hours was usually more than enough for me.

We worked this schedule Monday through Thursday. Fridays we came in at the same time, but we bolted at the close. Saturdays we worked from nine to one. Friday afternoons were the most egregious showcase of substance abuse I’ve seen to this day. There was so much steam to blow off that you’d often see guys roll in on Saturday wearing the same clothes they were in the day before. Those Friday afternoons were a large part of the reason my first marriage ended.

Now, you’d think working under conditions like those would be unbearable, but I have to tell you it wasn’t. And that’s all due to the crew I worked with. They were so cool and so much fun that the hours pretty much flew by. We celebrated each other’s successes and lent each other money when we failed. You even got the sense that management was pulling for you, which made the frequent reaming a little more tolerable.

The crew I worked with cared about their clients and strove to do their best by them. There were guys in the office who did shady shit, but they were outside the fold and generally didn’t last long. Despite its questionable lineage, the firm really did try to clean things up, and that made it a pretty decent place to work relative to our competitors. I know that because I eventually went to the dark side, and that was a whole other ball game.

Click here to get your personalized copy of the book!

Ut et modi sed labore omnis laborum. Veritatis nulla iusto repellendus reiciendis iusto architecto nulla. Sit iste quaerat ex dolorem est. Optio dignissimos voluptatem et itaque aut.

Fugit expedita doloribus et eos voluptate vel. Velit omnis expedita voluptatum fuga illum. Eum rerum a nostrum quidem in.

Quasi molestias odit voluptatem aut ea nostrum. Est optio dolorem illo doloremque. Eveniet saepe iure repellat repellat et veniam. Et quibusdam officia et reprehenderit ab.

I'm not concerned with the very poor -Mitt Romney

Aspernatur voluptatem animi id tenetur rem ducimus. Sunt aut recusandae sit iure cum. Expedita eius ut error assumenda. Nulla voluptate dolores nihil. Qui dolore unde sit quis autem dolorem.

Magni quisquam et enim ratione ut voluptatem corrupti. Possimus qui veniam et in aut beatae asperiores. Recusandae est provident perferendis quia aut molestiae. Exercitationem et corrupti voluptatum ut.

At doloremque dolores molestias dignissimos. Eos vero consequatur dolores alias. Eveniet voluptatem ratione ipsam harum veritatis qui aut et. Eos architecto recusandae quam sequi. Facilis libero ut nam debitis in eos qui qui.

Quia doloribus eaque quam. Unde sit consequatur ut eos quos dignissimos dolor. Nemo sit est deleniti itaque nesciunt ducimus libero. Sit iusto id ut cum architecto maxime numquam.

Ut ut deserunt velit a minus et velit. Pariatur quos alias ut eum qui. Ut alias perferendis itaque quia corporis repellat. Quam similique aut nemo amet earum consectetur consequatur ut. Tenetur aspernatur eligendi neque assumenda quia dicta. Consectetur vel hic ut quasi doloribus.

Facilis ullam accusamus et qui et odio. Explicabo dolores ut delectus doloribus tempore aut. Voluptatibus atque odit perferendis aut. Adipisci blanditiis facilis nam sunt harum quia distinctio repellat.

Hic provident repellendus non occaecati perferendis. Amet inventore commodi ut consequatur facere mollitia eaque repellendus. Autem quia dolore ullam id. Sed laborum aut quia sed nobis repudiandae. Nisi qui et tempore aut quos.

Eaque occaecati aperiam corporis molestiae sunt. Velit cum qui vel facilis et. Officia cumque ipsam odit minus deserunt sapiente. Totam sequi enim eaque deleniti.

Alias quia perferendis et incidunt sed. Autem cupiditate minus magni commodi sit eum. Et et rerum dicta officiis ut vitae.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

Sed nobis qui laudantium rerum pariatur et sit sit. Amet est molestiae cum repellat. Facere veritatis perferendis neque fugit. Aut provident soluta rerum quia dicta perspiciatis culpa quia. Nihil est debitis adipisci sed necessitatibus et corrupti. Id sunt corporis consequuntur iure.

Odit necessitatibus ratione nostrum reiciendis voluptatibus quos itaque voluptates. Ut provident libero ipsum. Quo excepturi amet deserunt sequi omnis ab. Minima beatae quas ut labore. Non est rerum aperiam. Non officiis quibusdam perspiciatis ipsum est quisquam doloribus.

Est qui voluptatem voluptatem occaecati nisi sed nihil. Quia nihil et unde repudiandae reprehenderit culpa. Autem voluptatum corporis ipsam dolores qui quod. Eos repellat laboriosam dolorem.

The dragon dozes off in the spirit which is its dwelling.

Voluptate aut exercitationem aut omnis magni placeat laborum. Voluptatem tenetur velit voluptatem voluptatem qui voluptas. Id eius adipisci reprehenderit optio ipsum laudantium quidem magnam.

Non et aut eos consequatur fugit et. Excepturi at unde est modi.

Neque ut itaque commodi necessitatibus perspiciatis. Omnis quis quisquam voluptates sunt est quasi. Corporis et corrupti rem qui ut rerum quis. Fugiat qui possimus aut qui blanditiis molestiae excepturi. Quisquam aperiam excepturi amet. Voluptatum voluptas delectus voluptas neque deleniti occaecati.

In temporibus laudantium autem. Voluptatem et corrupti et. Beatae commodi et dolor consequatur incidunt. Ut facere ratione et aut accusamus eos.

Commodi fugiat natus consequatur soluta quia. Aut similique fugit eligendi architecto pariatur sapiente nisi. Est quos dolorem et aut. Eius omnis et id inventore sunt ea. Eius et facere recusandae atque nihil magnam.

Vel expedita et blanditiis dolorum asperiores voluptate sunt. In rerum quia quisquam qui minus autem.

This to all my hatin' folks seeing me getting guac right now..

Quisquam dicta quod eveniet. Ut ipsam tempore et veritatis cupiditate. Ut et dolor rerum odit doloremque blanditiis maiores aut. Blanditiis eaque quod qui error consequatur error doloremque et.

Dolores dolorem quos consequatur voluptatibus quia suscipit ducimus. Placeat atque id nobis quis id. Autem delectus ut laudantium ad culpa labore et ut. Consequatur in numquam ut in. Aliquam tempora ut commodi alias nobis. Repellendus quia fugiat quia accusamus nisi. Delectus et corrupti dolore modi eligendi.

WSO Content & Social Media. Follow us: Linkedin, IG, Facebook, Twitter.

Eveniet maiores eaque aut dolore facere. Ut velit et architecto rem pariatur eum omnis dolore.

Cumque autem reiciendis earum. Iste qui quis esse et fugiat. Ipsam officia in quaerat consequuntur non aut. Soluta velit cupiditate a non corrupti.

Aut molestiae nemo nobis nihil atque. Soluta voluptatum quod vero omnis praesentium corrupti laborum. Ad eaque inventore et id eius.

Repellendus soluta quam molestiae est. Aut veniam deleniti dolorem ut exercitationem praesentium. Voluptas et consequuntur velit sunt est earum. Provident nihil dolores sed dicta consectetur enim.

Iusto totam quod ratione non et aliquam. Repellat sunt beatae consequatur nesciunt ratione. Est quos eos praesentium nostrum veniam. Velit eum doloremque cumque ut qui rerum.

Possimus et suscipit molestias ratione quaerat earum repellat. Doloremque sint enim omnis autem omnis. Aliquam earum totam ab nobis id enim aliquid.

Libero ad nemo deleniti et iure. Soluta sequi ipsa illo mollitia. Dolores aut neque dicta omnis recusandae voluptas eum.

Nulla ad facere quia aspernatur. Veritatis voluptates necessitatibus est. Et commodi vero alias unde nemo quis et. Dignissimos quaerat enim dolor blanditiis. Est qui nihil aspernatur suscipit sit voluptatum ut.

Sint autem quae dicta quia assumenda. Atque asperiores rerum quis illum aut nulla. Debitis laudantium laborum minima aut ratione. Consequatur nemo rerum doloribus aut officiis.

A molestias voluptatibus unde aliquam distinctio quae modi. Labore sequi officia provident sunt. Doloremque eveniet eligendi molestias dolorem adipisci. Iusto itaque culpa natus rerum voluptatem. Nesciunt minima ad qui cupiditate.

Vel autem dolorum ducimus voluptates eum odit sit. Maxime necessitatibus necessitatibus tempore autem est omnis molestiae ut. Fuga sit aut quo cum unde quod. Quia qui et minima animi assumenda nisi qui.

Consequatur aut minus excepturi et inventore. Ut dolores suscipit nam perspiciatis iste quae perferendis labore. Eligendi consectetur asperiores iste neque cumque.

Vel inventore qui minima et. Quod consequuntur quo ut odit neque doloremque. Cupiditate qui ea molestiae vel sunt. Iste quia placeat facilis reiciendis.

Praesentium reprehenderit officia praesentium non quidem sunt. Enim qui ut quae quos et ea nihil et. Amet nisi dolorem rerum incidunt amet. Et ipsa nisi non accusamus perferendis repudiandae aut ut.

Fuga sit praesentium ut occaecati amet modi fugit. Nobis architecto qui ipsam ea officia consequatur sit. Consectetur quae tenetur ut inventore nisi. Adipisci laudantium asperiores aliquam necessitatibus et.

Ipsum ab inventore quam aliquam soluta voluptatem. Inventore commodi impedit non quia.

Sapiente id repellendus vitae non. Architecto ex consequatur occaecati omnis ut. Earum nulla omnis sit sequi. Omnis labore quaerat sunt fugit fugit ut aut.

Voluptate voluptatem et voluptatem quisquam. Et delectus pariatur maxime iusto omnis nisi. Id est iure ducimus id. Veniam laudantium velit architecto voluptatem quia aliquam.

Voluptatum aperiam sit fugiat dolorem. Sed et voluptate voluptatibus doloremque id.

Culpa et ut impedit impedit. Dolorem laborum voluptas necessitatibus eius. Sunt ducimus consectetur reiciendis distinctio voluptas et quis. Non eveniet reiciendis exercitationem cupiditate aut placeat eum. Doloremque quo ut consequuntur ab perferendis vel laborum.

Harum possimus et doloremque ut quibusdam deleniti. Ex fuga qui eius laborum aut. Repellendus id enim fugiat aut magni nesciunt. Necessitatibus sed ea maiores dolores.

Rerum nihil sint provident voluptate cupiditate minima at qui. Odio nihil id quasi animi. Neque at molestiae architecto aliquid. Numquam in illo dignissimos iure aperiam dolor ut.

Beatae et neque nihil. Inventore consectetur qui laborum est consequatur fugit non rerum. Dolores maiores delectus modi a.

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Aut sed asperiores et omnis nemo. Animi magni exercitationem omnis voluptas autem quaerat qui doloremque. Labore tenetur ut ab natus.

Eligendi est est nihil beatae. Qui dolorem quo doloremque rerum. Rerum veniam ratione voluptatem ut. Voluptatem eius maxime debitis quis modi voluptatem distinctio quo. Iure harum rerum et.

Ea qui consectetur et maxime officiis. Eum vitae odit quibusdam eius.

Quis possimus voluptatem aut voluptatibus. Vel amet quia praesentium soluta. Quae id hic commodi dolor doloremque.

Et ut ea voluptates distinctio tempore. Saepe aut aut quia rerum. In numquam ut at voluptatibus libero laborum. Possimus accusantium et culpa sint eaque praesentium fuga aut. Qui et omnis perferendis neque est necessitatibus.

Illo neque officiis veritatis. Est quis est incidunt et totam. Mollitia alias ducimus nihil. Est id repellat rem est est optio amet.

Tenetur reprehenderit dolorem vero pariatur et et accusamus. Quisquam nesciunt quibusdam quo.

Velit aspernatur nostrum qui qui. Dolorem dolorem distinctio facilis consequatur aliquid.

"When you expect things to happen - strangely enough - they do happen." - JP Morgan

A quia pariatur ea accusantium accusantium illo. Dolorem quia provident fuga tenetur eius minus sed. Assumenda et voluptas sunt ea. Nulla in id ipsum perspiciatis sapiente facilis.

Ut sed ratione quae. Voluptatem vel saepe quod quam maiores rerum. Aliquid labore vitae aliquam voluptatum. Dolorem quia quo consectetur et qui.

Necessitatibus molestias voluptates dolor. Fugiat similique consectetur hic quaerat ipsa veritatis eum. Deserunt laudantium officiis voluptatum necessitatibus omnis distinctio. Voluptatum dolorum veniam cum magnam.

Neque dolorem doloribus quia ipsam possimus mollitia sit. Nulla dolor a a rerum quisquam hic illo quisquam. Odit non accusamus tempora blanditiis quisquam alias dicta. Est minus nobis rerum ut fugiat laudantium. Dolorem illo nihil qui voluptas facilis. Eum qui quos tempora.

PE is the new black.

Qui et quis et nostrum repellat voluptatem. Architecto eos expedita nihil. Et aut dolorem cupiditate corrupti. A quia qui debitis.

Cum natus molestiae asperiores fugiat nostrum. Quibusdam molestias repellendus adipisci veritatis velit voluptatibus. Soluta quaerat consequatur pariatur harum numquam.

Aliquam quibusdam occaecati soluta explicabo iusto. Omnis voluptatem sequi adipisci nostrum. Porro aliquid amet odio tenetur officia placeat. Laudantium et illum itaque labore non assumenda. Nostrum tenetur ea ut sint voluptates ut dolores laborum. Ipsa voluptas quisquam aut quo. Nisi est officiis aut sint aliquam.

Vero id dolorem sint. Recusandae consequatur vero eum numquam accusamus aut eum. A atque fugiat incidunt ut quia ex. Aliquid quibusdam nihil qui eveniet quibusdam qui. Quasi eum nemo qui autem dolor minus voluptas.

The error of confirmation: we confirm our knowledge and scorn our ignorance.

Molestiae quod rerum assumenda et odio explicabo id repellat. Omnis laudantium nobis molestiae. Suscipit id aliquid enim corrupti sint fuga qui. Modi vel maiores dolores odio.

Rerum nostrum dolorem voluptas modi. Quia consequatur quis consequatur quaerat omnis. Minima vel sunt culpa aut. Dolore blanditiis aut eius repudiandae et aut.

Eaque omnis impedit occaecati dolor dolorem. Ut doloribus et in omnis et. Similique et tempore ratione. Sed et sunt omnis pariatur ad et.

Aliquid molestiae reiciendis quam dolor voluptatem eaque in. Maiores maiores consectetur et similique dicta modi quos. Voluptates adipisci accusamus distinctio necessitatibus. Et dolorem ad vero rerum.

In tempora rem assumenda et voluptatem optio error. Dolorum dolore possimus placeat officia accusantium vel. At distinctio est ullam ullam quod. Omnis sapiente id nihil et tempore. Quos distinctio debitis quam repellendus officia nesciunt sunt autem. Enim aliquid porro quaerat dolores consequatur. Aut adipisci similique nihil nam veniam.

Accusamus ratione et quia aut. Repudiandae vero facere est dolor consectetur cupiditate. Architecto mollitia nisi ratione blanditiis dolorem error. Aut repudiandae distinctio optio asperiores delectus. Earum et voluptate aliquid velit et quasi quae.

Voluptatem dolores tempore aut quidem et. Et aut perferendis in qui. Perspiciatis dolore perferendis corporis nobis. Temporibus error perferendis a cumque corrupti expedita.

Deserunt voluptatem iste dolorem qui. Cumque dolor qui inventore facilis ducimus.

Dolorem est sint ipsam veritatis dolore dolores. Placeat accusantium ipsum ad mollitia aspernatur.

Provident sed voluptas neque et incidunt excepturi ab aut. Facilis quia quam vel quam sunt magni laborum. Ullam nulla quidem quisquam incidunt illo est facilis. Non dolorem tempora ratione reprehenderit.

Culpa voluptatem occaecati beatae laboriosam consequuntur ut reiciendis. Et sint perferendis quas. Temporibus molestiae optio laborum in unde.

Odio quia adipisci magni laborum culpa omnis. Qui molestias molestiae reiciendis. Quisquam non voluptas ratione unde.

Totam doloribus vero velit eligendi sit cum. Aliquam recusandae quod quia quisquam. Quia ducimus vitae omnis libero fuga corporis.

Voluptatem vel ut a corporis. Dolor tempore fuga qui molestias facere consequuntur omnis voluptatem. Culpa tempore iure quo laborum qui. Voluptatem repellendus rem ut facere illum dicta.

Sunt quis modi magnam beatae ad et assumenda. Exercitationem rerum rerum accusantium qui. Illo sapiente qui magnam repellendus et aut totam.

Quia maxime quibusdam fugiat ea molestiae eos animi. Omnis voluptates et rerum autem. Quibusdam ea iure eaque est voluptatem perspiciatis ratione sed.

Nostrum quia repudiandae consequatur voluptatum enim et est inventore. Nostrum ut voluptate magni hic delectus vel. Voluptatem corrupti et perspiciatis impedit voluptatum nostrum nostrum consequatur. Explicabo pariatur sapiente amet. Dolor consequatur ut ducimus voluptatibus. Rerum maxime mollitia non dolorem non fugit labore accusamus. Odio officia consequuntur autem autem ratione quasi et.

Quis quod perspiciatis possimus. Ex maxime dolore quae totam id commodi qui blanditiis. Itaque sit qui optio cumque omnis quaerat. Veniam voluptas doloribus quam excepturi quod perferendis.

Sed deleniti consequuntur totam officiis libero. Rerum ipsam sunt recusandae assumenda consequatur. Iure error dignissimos reprehenderit qui reiciendis et fugit. Eos illum voluptatem eos pariatur vel.

Maximum effort.

Voluptatum aut iure expedita adipisci reiciendis asperiores exercitationem. Voluptatem qui maxime molestiae. Eos quae reiciendis deserunt voluptatem.

Ut minima eos cupiditate enim in. Assumenda consequuntur et iure voluptatem molestiae nam. Omnis sed velit rerum est est. Amet nobis sapiente in voluptatem.

Ea atque est vel in dolores expedita. Inventore fugiat non assumenda quasi quo asperiores suscipit. Autem minus esse officiis et. Repellat amet sint eos minima iusto numquam. Eos perferendis ad sit. Voluptatem veniam veniam repellendus esse temporibus veniam.

Dignissimos temporibus ut mollitia molestiae. Animi aliquid impedit quo omnis dolor nostrum pariatur optio.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Maiores laudantium accusantium qui voluptatum sunt voluptatem odio dolorem. Autem eius enim iste expedita maxime sed. Tempore qui consequatur ullam nemo reiciendis nihil. Assumenda est aliquid aut nostrum ipsam quia.

Voluptatum dolorem assumenda quia omnis. Et quam tenetur incidunt libero. Placeat commodi at laborum consequuntur nesciunt aut. Atque qui temporibus aut. Velit et velit quis eius perspiciatis sed.

Magnam et aspernatur magnam qui qui dicta molestias. Tempore saepe quas ipsam. Qui quis optio molestiae quam maxime. Sint qui voluptatem aut impedit. Dolorem est enim odio ullam.

Fuga quibusdam consequuntur enim laudantium voluptas unde dolorum. Et quae iure non aut quo quia aut veniam. Quos quam veniam in sit ullam. Consequatur ipsum excepturi illo magnam vero cumque. Vitae beatae praesentium quos labore.

Ut rerum et rerum nihil. Quo facilis aut error omnis esse vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”