2019 Summer Analyst - Morgan Stanley Hirevue

Did anyone get the 2019 SA MS HireVues yet? I just got it today. Could someone explain the process further, and give me some tips? (I am a rising sophomore so this is my first interview) Also, was getting the HireVue a selective process? I got it for more than one position so should I assume it was not selective, or at least related to the resume and not to the divisions?

251 Comments
 
Most Helpful

Two questions, two tries. Talk about a recent deal that interested you. Talk about a time you saw something wrong and what you did about it.

 

For ib - talk about a recent deal, tell about a time you saw something wrong and how did you approach it (something like that)

For im - why morgan stanley, why investment management, and why the division you applied to. 2nd question was same as ib (talk about a time...)

For ib, someone I know got tell me about a time you had to incorporate diverse perspectives instead of observing something wrong

 

ER questions (for sophomores at least) are why you want to work in ER and talk about a company you admire. Not sure if it's the same for juniors

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”