BB Operations Intern VS F500 Corp Finance (24 hours to make decision)

As mentioned in previous threads I've received an BB Operations Internship (Not GS/JP/MS) offer and an F500 Corporate Finance (FP&A) offer. For more perspective on the F500 offer, most interns generally go through their FLDP program (2.5 years) upon receiving a return offer from the internship. It's a consumer products company that mostly caters to health/cleaning/hygiene related products and it's in the 200-300 range on the F500 if that matters. FYI, this is not a corp dev/strategy internship

The general consensus has advised me to take the F500 internship, though some believe it's very possible to network into a MO (risk/treasury) role full time if successful during the internship. The ultimate goal is to make it to the FO, whether that's IB or S&T. I'm a lot more knowledgable about IB, but wouldn't rule out S&T (just need to learn more about it). Whether it requires years to make a BO-FO transition, or whether that be getting a CFA and/or MBA. My grades are very good at a recognizable state school, assuming I do as well on the GMAT, that could open my options to a lot of MBA programs. 

I have 24 hours left to make the decision, and am personally leaning towards the F500 just because I don't know how transferable the ops intern will be, but I'm trying to gain as many perspectives as possible.

FP&A. This should be a no brainer. 

BB BO is a living hell to try to break out of. Especially in an economy like this. Roles usually sucks too. Have an alum from my MBA program who went the FLDP route and eventually got poached to join a fast growing BU at a FAANG to help run their P&L. I doubt you'd get those type of exit ops at a back office within a bank.

Vero in facilis velit consequatur voluptatem vero. Distinctio quis harum dolore ut ab natus.

Aut quis voluptas excepturi libero et nihil sed. Est ab id non expedita voluptatem neque nobis. Cum adipisci ipsum veniam sed. Unde odit mollitia similique.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”