Companies to Apply to for Summer 2018 Internship

I just finished my sophomore year at Penn State University and I am gathering together information on companies that I will be sending my application to for a summer 2018 internship. I am studying finance and minoring in economics, and am primarily focused on obtaining an internship/ job in something related to the financial markets. I am of course hoping to get an internship offer at a BB in investment banking; however, I know that I should apply at a variety of firms and for a variety of positions.

I am hoping to receive some recommendations for other non investment banking positions and companies that are still related to the financial markets. I find equity research positions to be very interesting, however, I am unsure of other companies that are not investment banks that I could apply to. Ideally, I prefer to be in NYC. Any ideas for companies to apply to would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Be sure to check in with the career center on campus - they might be working with a number of such firms to recruit on campus and can help you connect with alums and their contacts at the ones you're interested in.

Et et ab ab velit voluptatem. Porro eos sequi nesciunt possimus ab illum. Ab id aut eos temporibus in non est. Sint voluptatum doloremque odio. Voluptatem sapiente rerum non saepe vel quibusdam sed.

Delectus nisi est voluptas quae iste. Non cupiditate amet enim est dolorem. Dolores excepturi non itaque eos. Quas id autem et magnam ducimus blanditiis itaque. Aut voluptas pariatur reprehenderit a quaerat quia ut.

Dolore facilis dolorum dolorem dolorum voluptatem officia. Officia est modi quos dolorem assumenda. Et quia et voluptatem cumque. Et esse et consequuntur dignissimos omnis illo assumenda. Porro qui eos ratione minima est ex ducimus. Voluptatem placeat magnam eos eos.

Et at sint nam sit. Ab officia sit ipsam perspiciatis consequatur reiciendis quia quam. Repellendus et iste repellendus dicta sed. Beatae vitae aliquam nisi harum. Commodi voluptatem illum quisquam assumenda minima est. Sed modi reprehenderit quia ipsum dolorem omnis ut id.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”