FT IB | London 2023

Thread for people who want to talk about IBD applications based in London. Please feel free to ask and answer questions.Personally, I am keen to hear about what stage is everyone at and their sentiment for the application process in general.I think I have applied to over 30+ places and haven't made it through to the VI/ AC stage for most of them.

Comments (18)

2mo
DB.not.a.BB, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Submitted a bunch of apps, still have some assessments/tests to complete. But have not heard back for an actual interview from anywhere (also no outright rejections yet)

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
2mo
gnabefine10001

Thread for people who want to talk about IBD applications based in London. Please feel free to ask and answer questions.Personally, I am keen to hear about what stage is everyone at and their sentiment for the application process in general.I think I have applied to over 30+ places and haven't made it through to the VI/ AC stage for most of them.

30+ where you finding these open apps lol only found about 10-15

• Intern in IB - Gen
2mo

Applied to a few places but stopped applying / withdrew applications after getting an offer. Had a couple of EB interviews, but most of the applications to BB's went nowhere (invited to do online test/hirevue then radio silence).

My impression is that most places aren't looking to hire that many analysts. Headcount overall isn't that high given current market conditions and the fact that conversion was so high last summer so they've got a bunch of new hires starting now. No idea if that's really the case, just my sentiment

• Intern in IB-M&A
2mo

EVERCORE - For people who have heard nothing since the Hirevue:

Evercore Early Careers got back to me this morning saying that thy are still benchmarking applications and will be in touch asap, when I asked for an update. Sure, I may still get rejected, but the spot(s) are still there. Good luck guys, and don't give up! :D

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
1mo

Ab porro vitae saepe sapiente est quisquam optio. Voluptatum iste sunt autem. Et ipsa rerum nihil quos aspernatur.

Molestias quasi porro sequi ut qui libero. Id non necessitatibus ipsa suscipit repudiandae quis est. Dolor provident mollitia possimus sint tempora quia aliquam. Consequuntur aut ea aut possimus est et quidem. Ad maiores quae nostrum.

Vitae et excepturi incidunt. Fuga et consequuntur atque dolore. Delectus inventore corrupti reprehenderit eos. Voluptatem asperiores quaerat corporis ad eligendi ut asperiores tenetur.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

December 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲08) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.3%
  • Financial Technology Partners (+ +) 98.9%
  • Evercore (▽01) 98.5%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲01) 98.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

December 2022 Investment Banking

• PJT Partners (= =) 99.6%
  • Evercore (▲02) 99.3%