Greenhill vs Deutsche Bank - Summer Analyst Program 2025 (London, M&A)

Hi everyone,

First-time poster here, and I’m looking for some advice. I recently received offers for both Greenhill and Deutsche Bank’s 2025 Summer Analyst programs in London (M&A), and I’m torn on which one to choose. Here’s a breakdown of my thoughts so far:

Greenhill:
Pros:

  • Great culture and smaller teams, offering more exposure as an intern.
  • Generalist program, allowing me to explore different sectors.
  • Shorter 6-week program, which could give me the chance to do an off-cycle internship afterward.

Cons:

  • The firm’s reputation seems to be declining compared to its past stature.
  • Summer pay is lower than DB (though this isn’t a key factor for me).
  • Conversion rate is around 45% (last year, they converted 5 out of 11 interns).

Deutsche Bank:
Pros:

  • Well-known global brand with higher intern pay.
  • Longer 9-week internship with a dedicated team.
  • I’m particularly interested in TMT, and I’ve heard the team there is solid.
  • Exposure to bigger deals, with decent exit opportunities (though I’m unsure about how strong these exits really are).
  • High conversion rate for interns.

Cons:

  • Larger teams, which might mean less exposure and more grunt work as an intern or even an analyst.
  • Considered a lower-tier BB in rankings.
  • Need to network in April to secure the team I want, so there’s a risk of being assigned to a less preferred team.

I’d love to hear your thoughts or advice based on your experiences. Thanks for your help, and best of luck to everyone here!

7 Comments
 

I work at DB in a sector team and I would just add that to the best of my knowledge, teams are quite lean. 1 analyst, 1 associate, VP, D and MD (we normally only have a director / VP on most deals depending on how experienced either of them are E.g. if it is a newly promoted VP then we will have D). DB is a BB and would help you go a long way. Best teams are Industrials and Levfin so go for them.

With regards to exits, DB is not strong in general but is stronger than Greenhill. If you want to exit from DB, people lateral to a better American bank and then exit to PE.

 

Qui labore est provident quo delectus. Repudiandae vel ad quia rerum deserunt voluptate. Aperiam fugit placeat aliquam sapiente impedit. Iusto nihil explicabo et hic nam illum non ut. Et et ducimus fuga vero.

Ut repellendus nobis voluptas molestiae eos magnam numquam. Repudiandae similique ipsum laboriosam omnis. Maxime unde nobis itaque nihil omnis nobis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”