KBCM 2024 Analyst Role - NY or Cleveland Office?

Just need straight forward advice. I am a non-target recent graduate who is returning at my current PE firm as AN1. Its not an ideal spot and the offer is pretty modest to put it lightly. However, my recruiting has seen explosive traction lately and I've been interviewing with boutiques and LMM banks like crazy. Just yesterday, I got another offer that expires in two weeks, which is just slightly better than my current firm's. KBCM is undeniably the best opportunity I've received reciprocated interest from. 

I want to be a career banker on Wall Street. Idc if its glorified, or the taxes. I set a goal for myself when I was young and I want to fucking achieve it. 

I was given a location preference survey for their industrials group, they're hiring just one analyst for each office and I need to pick which one will be screening me. Ultimately, I want to know if I should bite the bullet and choose what's most realistic.

Would love some input, ty.

To clarify, I do not have an offer from KCBM. My current offers aren't based in NYC

I am in the preliminary recruiting process for KCBM.

I'm less interested in QOL and more interested in whether Ill get the job itself.

Go Cleveland, will suck but no one wants to go there. You can always go back to the big Apple but makes more sense to play it safe. Cleveland isn’t that bad just be prepared to cry over their nba team nightly 

Did you hear back from them?

Also, in a similar boat, what sort of firms are you interviewing for, and do you have any advice on how to get them? There are too many LMMs, and I have been trying just to hit as many as I can, but most of the ones that I am hitting are not recruiting, so any tips would be appreciated 

Good chance they already gave out first round interviews since its almost june with a summer start date

Yeah, that makes sense. I’m trying to stay hopeful about it because what else can I do? I got an email asking for my preferences on Thursday, and they said their team would review it this before the long weekend. So, I’m hoping it’s just taking a little longer than usual.

Ea sapiente aliquam id enim qui deleniti nemo. Fugiat odit aut quis dignissimos.

Possimus eum consequuntur suscipit totam. Occaecati animi error rerum est. Sequi repudiandae saepe velit quibusdam quis molestias. Et rerum inventore quaerat vel illum quo. Minus voluptatibus velit sit pariatur sint voluptas.

Voluptatibus quia qui autem in commodi. Sunt voluptate et voluptatum et ut et ea. Officiis perspiciatis dolorem minima quos autem. Aut vitae ipsam vel hic.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 19 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres 06 98.9%
  • JPMorgan Chase 09 98.3%
  • William Blair 03 97.7%
  • Morgan Stanley 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (22) $375
  • Associates (94) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (207) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (151) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”