London SA 2021 !!Very Confused Need Help!!

Hello everyone,

I will be starting at an MSc. Quantitative Econ and Finance at a regional target in Europe next month. It’s a semi target for London IB. I will be appliying for London IB 2021 SA positions nowadays. I am sort of a stranger and very confused with the process.  Could you please fill me in with the following questions? I would really appreciate it. I think they can be helpful also for other people. Thanks in advance.

  • I know banks require transcripts at some point during the recruiting. I will apply as a master’s student but will the banks also be requiring my undergraduate transcript as well?  (And I have a terrible GPA like below 3 which worries me a bit.)
  • I am studying Quantitative Econ and Finance. And there are different routes to follow like product or industrials, research and their sub groups etc. I know it’s also related with my skills and desires but which places would you think that I would have the best chance to be recruited? For example, I know that GS M&A would be great but my chances would be slim to none at there or similar places.I am just wondering the competition for each place.
  • Can I apply to different places at the same bank and same office such as MS Lev Fin and ER in London? Would it have a negative impact on my application?
  • Can I apply to same bank’s different locations? This is important because I study in Europe so I want to apply in my own city but to London as well. If I apply to JPM at London and also their some European office, would it have a negative impact on my application?
  • I am studying MSc. But I am here straight after BSc. So I don’t have full time job experience. I have 3 different nice internships which totals around 1 year, non IB. So should I apply for Summer Analyst or Summer Associate programs?
  • Do you think that I would need to start networking now via cold mails etc ? If not, when ?
1 Comments
 
Most Helpful

Laborum et libero nemo aut veniam. Expedita dolores a rerum similique non odit. Voluptatem voluptatibus aut assumenda eum et quidem quidem. Voluptas ut quia non temporibus. Deleniti quae quod praesentium possimus quam.

Dicta eum dolor non et. Ut non ut sit qui non rem quia.

Perspiciatis commodi et eum qui tenetur inventore. Et ab in omnis omnis fugit aut. Ipsam omnis molestiae id autem et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”