No Summer 2023 IB Internship yet. Help

Still don't have any internship and am a junior at a west coast target aiming for the east coast. Should I just give up on IB and look at other roles? Will not having an IB internship during the summer before graduation mean I can't recruit full time next year either?

Dont know why the MS ^^I agree with the above post. Regardless, JLL is highly regarded in the CRE industry and a great experience in general, not just to “pivot to IB”.

Most people at JLL, stay at JLL and will exit to PERE/AM/Insurance REPE/AM

As someone who works in IB, don’t do it tbh. Not worth the hours and the work is straight up mundane, repetitive and boring. All you do is put together PowerPoint presentations (most of the times it’s straight up copy paste from precedents) and take notes.

What im really trying to tell you is no one gives a shit what you do for a job. Instead of pursuing the IB Paradise, go find an internship on a subject that you are truly passionate and enjoy learning about.

Try to get something, but even if you can’t get something in IB, there’s still hope for FT recruiting senior fall. I interned at Big4 my junior summer (M&A tax lol…) and still got in processes with some pretty good places my senior fall. If you have to go this route, prepare to network your balls off and have your interview skills down pat. If there aren’t any banks hiring right now (I feel like there’s gotta be), Big4 TAS may be the way. Happy to answer any q’s from my experience if it would be helpful. 

Laudantium quisquam magnam eum iste. Necessitatibus consequatur quia voluptas. Praesentium vel sit adipisci dolorem maxime. Enim in quis saepe non aut. Cum aperiam veniam ex sunt eligendi ad. Modi a quod minus ex quibusdam natus odio.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”