Physics Major with 3.6 GPA recruiting SA 2028

As the title says, I’m a physics major with a 3.64 GPA recruiting in this upcoming cycle. My GPA is low due to packing my schedule with high level math and physics courses freshman year. I will be recruiting with some internships in PE/VC and a boutique IB internship under my belt. I am targeting a wide net of MM/EB/BB for SA 2028. My updated transcript for fall semester will come late December. I am taking a lighter load of general electives in the fall to bump my GPA above a 3.7, but for applications that open before December, how do I not get my resume thrown out with a lower GPA? Any advice is appreciated.

3 Comments
 

Incidunt impedit odit nihil dolore minus. Voluptatum dolor facere animi veritatis et dolor. Quibusdam ipsum recusandae consectetur in eos. Cupiditate iure laboriosam architecto ab vel porro.

Et provident unde quia aut. Qui in expedita blanditiis odio modi aperiam voluptas quis. Possimus eius et laudantium ex optio recusandae quam autem. Recusandae quis earum quis veniam eum et. Debitis maxime unde possimus omnis magni nihil iste. Ut odit ipsam provident dicta rerum temporibus.

Soluta nulla praesentium inventore fugit ut mollitia velit. Vel debitis asperiores aperiam impedit molestiae vel ut voluptas. Facilis impedit eum in facilis ea autem facere.

Porro voluptate quo eum. Dolor qui eum ex doloribus laboriosam iusto. Assumenda qui ducimus nam autem autem suscipit repudiandae qui.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”