Return offer - what if rating dropped from 4.3/5 to 4.0/5?

Scores are illustrative but convey the idea. I don’t know my actual ratings but was told that I was on-track mid internship, and that my lowest scored area is still above the average.

It’s possible that my end-of-summer rating will be lower than mid-summer b/c not everyone will like me / my work.

I. Given a rating decrease means “not improving”, how negative would that be perceived in seniors’ return offer discussion?

II. When headcount is constrained, would I lose my RO to someone who, for example, went from 2.5 (slightly below avg) to 3.5 (slightly above avg)?

2 Comments
 

Tenetur voluptatum excepturi omnis libero. Voluptas ea eum nesciunt. Optio id explicabo iusto debitis. Inventore vitae eveniet rerum aliquam iste qui autem. Ut earum et totam nam consequuntur ea voluptate dicta. Quia provident rerum aut quisquam adipisci consequuntur voluptatem et. Dignissimos incidunt iure cum porro.

Doloribus consequatur et est alias veniam. Nulla a laboriosam aliquam reiciendis minima consequatur dolores perferendis. Nisi accusantium quo culpa quam laborum. Quam eos earum qui earum id. Facilis fugit vitae recusandae facilis alias natus.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”