SA2025 Is It Over For Me?

Sophomore undergrad at one of Ross/UVA/Stern/Dyson, 3.9+ with heavy finance classes and a second major in a STEM subject. Interned at a boutique M&A advisory shop during my sophomore fall, with a less relevant freshman summer. Admittedly my extracurriculars are weak, I'm in several finance-related clubs but no leadership positions, and they aren't the top clubs firms recruit from on campus.

I haven't had a single IB first round or phone screening by now. I chalk this up to starting late and having weak networking, I've had 6+ calls at ~3 firms and calls here and there at about a dozen other banks, but clearly none of those have panned out. I'm also applying for adjacent roles such as ER and S&T but obviously I am even less prepared for those processes.

I don't intend to be whiny or to complain, I just want to have a reality check and hopefully some advice on how to proceed. Are there still programs out there that haven't started/have just started that I could focus on? Or is it pretty much over for me?

3 Comments
 

Voluptatem et error sint id provident ut eaque. Blanditiis iste aut repellat nobis voluptas omnis. Qui culpa optio ut. Vitae quasi commodi eum perspiciatis cupiditate ut nisi. Fuga reiciendis et expedita unde nihil est maiores. Vitae error ut rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”