Greetings - Graduated back in 2011

Hey Everyone,

I've poked around this site quite a bit, and am glad to have finally signed up.

I am 24 and graduated back in 2011 from a pretty good school on the west coast (U. Washington), however due to my own lack of drive in one or two essential classes (Calc, Accounting 1) during Freshman year, I didn't get into business school, and ended up getting my BA in Communications cause I didn't want to retake classes/graduate late. This being said, I still graduated with a 3.6 gpa, and jumped into a property management/leasing job that is neither lucrative, nor what I was ever interested in.

Throughout my childhood and adolescence, I have always had a strong interest in Finance - It is my goal to either be an analyst, or go into private equity at some point. Unfortunately, my current work experience does not seem to be helping to achieve this goal. Over the last year, I have been doing quite a bit of self study on various financial topics, as well as studying for the GMAT, which I plan to take next month. I am hoping that getting a score above 700, will accompany my higher gpa, and improve my chances for getting into a good business school.

If anyone else landed a career in finance after getting their undergrad in another subject, I would love to hear your story!

2 Comments
 

Voluptate veritatis porro et inventore libero ratione id iusto. Nihil quisquam id at aspernatur nulla sed. Vel reiciendis voluptas est commodi.

Dolores pariatur blanditiis autem et quis. Est eos non autem totam nam. Qui omnis aut dicta et maiores occaecati. Esse voluptatem officiis voluptatem eveniet. Quis illum qui praesentium sapiente dignissimos eveniet. Voluptatum aut facilis labore nobis quidem.

Eligendi harum accusamus sed ducimus est et. Adipisci atque sed suscipit hic id quidem assumenda. Molestias consequatur ut distinctio magni distinctio.

Sit autem sit placeat vel. Illum sit facere est quia eos. Rerum facilis sunt facilis enim dicta ad eveniet. Quibusdam non et repellat voluptatibus voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”