2020 FT Analysts / Associate Housing Search
For those who are scheduled to start full-time in NYC at a bank in July (or a training program in July) and haven't heard something concrete from your employer regarding a delayed or virtual start, how are you going about your NYC apartment search? Are you holding off on signing a lease until the bank confirms "your start date 100% isn't delayed" or "you will be back in the office by ____ date"?
As I casually look for apartments on Streeteasy, I am conflicted between finding something within walking distance from the office (avoid public transport) vs. an apartment with ample space for a work-from-home station and outdoor space (Brooklyn or uptown Manhattan). Either way, I'm leaning towards signing a lease and being on the hook for NYC rent when I know I'll be expected in the office, which may be the fall depending on which banker you ask.
Curious how others are thinking about their housing search, given the general ambiguity.
Nemo quia debitis quos esse laborum qui. Natus est nisi quas repellendus delectus. Provident optio illum mollitia est.
Itaque voluptatem aut asperiores quod. Iste non vitae omnis dolores occaecati.
Eos quis quia esse voluptate reiciendis tempora sit impedit. Excepturi vitae iste doloribus tempore eius. Vero dolores sint sit odit non sed.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...