2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

I'm pretty excited about this. The medal count betting odds put the US and China neck and neck for gold with the US having a slight edge by 1 medal. 

I love skiing, so I'm looking forward to that. This also seems to be the most politicized Olympics since 1980 (and 84, 88 to a lesser extent). Miracle On Ice team captain came out last year saying how the US shouldn't boycott but rather beat China on their home turf. 

It's especially interesting since Chinese media proclaimed themselves as the Tokyo winner by gold count by adding in the Hong Kong and Taiwanese medals. 

It seems the Mainland will defend HK/TW to death if they win so long as it is not a win against the Mainland.

It's especially interesting since Chinese media proclaimed themselves as the Tokyo winner by gold count by adding in the Hong Kong and Taiwanese medals. 

LOL, that's some high grade copium

I don't like a lot of what Drumpfy says, but I believe in this case he meant its "copium" on the part of the Chinese, not the United States. I think people are just MSing because he normally has bad opinions and so people auto-assume he's commenting in a pro-China stance as his language is not totally clear. 

Edit: MS me if you want. I don't like Drumpfy, but until he clarifies what he means, I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

Most Helpful

Lol you sensitive people getting so worked up about a teen reminds me of how butthurt half of America got at Greta Thunberg. Eileen's hardly the first Olympics athlete to represent another country than her birth country, and she has a much better reason to compete for another country than many of the athletes before her considering she has family in China, visits China literally every year, and clearly has close ties to China. I've watched some of her interviews and I've got to say apart from her obvious skiing talent she comes off as a really humble, well-adjusted, mature young woman. The only reason why it's even a big deal is because American media got butthurt about a teen making a completely personal decision and decided to use her as their new anti-China talking point.

This is Shaun White’s 4th Olympics

Shaun White’s Net Worth Makes Him the World’s Richest Snowboarder—Here’s His Olympics Salary

https://stylecaster.com/shaun-white-net-worth/

I used to ride at the same mountain as Shaun in HS at Big Bear CA. 

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Aut explicabo nostrum alias. Et cumque aut veniam delectus illum qui. Facilis asperiores saepe veritatis nostrum. Debitis unde laborum suscipit omnis quia. Rerum molestiae quis libero voluptatibus corporis tenetur et. Unde corrupti omnis minima sit eligendi ut esse.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”