Allen Standford to spend 110 years in jail

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/14/us-stan…

Oh my.. 110 years sentence. What good is all that money now?

I always find it funny when someone's sentence to more than human beings' life span.

Quote: Prosecutors had asked for a 230-year sentence, arguing in court papers that Stanford's crime was "one of the most egregious frauds in history."

This is a gem. What's the damn difference between 230 and 110 yesrs in jail? LOL

Worse than Madoff, said one of the victims.

5 Comments
 

[quote=What's the damn difference between 230 and 110 yesrs in jail?[/quote]

I wondered the exact same thing - there's got to be some legalese behind it, but I can't begin to piece together how it may be relevant. I think 50 years is a lot more realistic as a maximum sentence, and if more time is deemed necessary just put them in for life.

But hey, I'm just an uninformed civilian.

in it 2 win it
 
jgx101I also think it's worse than Madoff's because the people that he stole money from were already poor.

I might be splitting hairs here, but I have to disagree. Madoff took the money he made and spent it on himself. Stanford took the money he made and turned Antigua into a modern paradise. The cricket stadium he built down there alone is the finest in the Caribbean. He basically was the Antiguan economy for the better part of a decade.

Last time I was in Antigua I stayed at The Verandah, and there's no way a place like that would have existed without Stanford plowing dough into the island infrastructure:

http://www.verandahresortandspa.com/

 

Culpa animi totam quisquam maiores dignissimos adipisci eaque nesciunt. Placeat est enim non et dolores dolores porro. Deleniti vitae provident consequatur aliquid enim beatae.

Eum fugiat sunt eius ex consequatur. Ea iusto inventore quisquam maiores autem.

Ullam modi et et velit. Iusto soluta enim dolorem assumenda dolorem nesciunt. Nisi iste aut aut blanditiis. Ut consequatur doloremque nihil quod soluta aut id minima. Voluptatibus quia ut id doloremque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”