Bonus Bananas August 16, 2013

Why I Quit My PE Job To Work at Chipotle
Well, basically the guy jumps the finance ship to work at Chipotle and figures out how they work, so he can open his own rival shop serving... Indian food?

A Glitch Made All The Doors In a Max Security Prison Open:
With the help of surveillance tapes, it only takes a few seconds to see inmates to jump out of their cells, exchange shanks, and go after rivals. You can see one guy jump 20 feet to avoid being stabbed, incidentally fracturing a vertebrae.

Will Blue Collar Jobs Become Obsolete for Humans:
It's a practical idea. With technology in every sector on the rise to cut costs, turning the assembly line into an all robot operation isn't that hard to fathom.

If You Use A Drone To Film Your Wedding This Is What You Get: (Video)

Why Becoming a Banker Was The Best Life Choice I Ever Made:
When I was finishing college, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. Like a lot of directionless Harvard students, I took the LSAT and planned to go to law school, almost as a default choice.

VIDEO OF THE WEEK:
ISS SPACEWALK - Live (If it isn't displaying, refresh)

Live streaming video by Ustream

I'm his official temporary replacement, Scandal. Don't worry, Eddy will come back soon.

"If you have enough assets plus passive income to cover your personal lifestyle expenses for the rest of your life, and that money allows you to work at something you love, without concern for the amount of compensation, then you are wealthy."

Good stuff. My favorite part from #5:

And I learned that being a lawyer sucks. As a junior banker, I had to take orders from a lot of people: my boss, internal credit reviewers, clients, regulators. The only people I got to order around were the lawyers.
"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

Take_It_To_The_Bank:

Chipotle is great because they took authentic Mexican food and made it accessible to the masses

Wtf? Is this guy serious?

Is the "authentic" bit what's throwing you off?

"Mr. Perkins poses an extreme risk to the market when drunk."

UFOinsider:

First Midas, now Eddie? CANCELL MY SUBSCRIPTION .....OK totally kidding

Nice posts!

They're hangin' out with Ragnar Danneskjold in Galt's Gulch, watching the world burn.

There's a connection between the anti-lawyer and the robots for blue collar workers.

These white collar lawyers now have to schmooze and cold-call clients for business to sustain their firms. That's the the lowest common denominator of all work in the modern world: sales. It's also the only thing that can survive technology/automation far into the future.

ReadLine:

There's a connection between the anti-lawyer and the robots for blue collar workers.

These white collar lawyers now have to schmooze and cold-call clients for business to sustain their firms. That's the the lowest common denominator of all work in the modern world: sales. It's also the only thing that can survive technology/automation far into the future.

Sales is the lowest common denominator of all work?

So when senior bankers call people, or PE & HF guys raise capital, they're the lowest common denominator?

Commercial Real Estate Developer

CRE:
ReadLine:

Sales is the lowest common denominator of all work?

So when senior bankers call people, or PE & HF guys raise capital, they're the lowest common denominator?

Well yes, sales is sales. The minimum wage telemarketer doesn't have the finesse and expert product/industry knowledge but he is doing the same thing as the other two. But I'm not dissing sales as an unimportant skill- I'm saying the exact opposite.

RustyFork:
Take_It_To_The_Bank:

Chipotle is great because they took authentic Mexican food and made it accessible to the masses

Precisely. It's like going to P.F. Chang's and talking about the authentic Chinese food.

Take_It_To_The_Bank:
RustyFork:
Take_It_To_The_Bank:

Precisely. It's like going to P.F. Chang's and talking about the authentic Chinese food.

I don't know, man. Is there such a thing as authenticity outside of the actual culture from which the food originates? Like go to Oaxaca if you want "authentic" food. Chipotle is probbaly better though.

Best Response

Odio perferendis iste magnam. Sit aut accusantium ea debitis mollitia. Inventore at ipsa asperiores quod qui facilis maiores. Est suscipit minus est voluptatem necessitatibus.

Doloribus voluptas ullam ea rerum. Est odio ut nesciunt tempore enim eos voluptatem. Eaque magni debitis et. Quisquam veritatis et similique et omnis provident voluptates.

Voluptas quam dolores enim est officia. Ratione et corporis harum tempora. Esse eos sint ad aut eveniet. Et autem expedita deserunt.

Get busy living

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”