Euro 2020

Didn't see a thread for this, MS the shit out of me if I missed it. Anyone following the Euros? Who're you rooting for? Share your calls, opinions and hot/spicy takes. Mine are below:

• Portugal or France for me. France squad is stackkkeeedddd but Portugal is pretty dope. Ronaldo'll drag them kicking and screaming as far as he can
  • England overhyped by the media per usual. Good team but the English media does them no favors. Decent game against Croatia but don't see that taking them to the title IMO
  • Italy and Netherlands looked pretty good. Don't think they'll take it but may have a good run. Who knows though, god I love the unpredictability of internationals
  • Missed the Belgium game and not sure how Spain will do. Thoughts?
  • Who is going to be the giant killer? Almost want to root for North Macedonia and Slovakia, love me an underdog story

Most Helpful

Excited to watch France - Germany tomorrow. I'm extremely pissed about the outcome of Poland's game today. Not that it should have necessarily been a cakewalk, or maybe it should have, but they completely shit the bed against Slovakia, which played very well. PL was able to control the ball at times, but it was in a really frustrating manner, especially to watch, with an alright amount of shots on target but only 1 goal.

And that red card, fuck that. Really does not pose well against Spain later this week.

Quant (ˈkwänt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

I'm thinking that France wins 2-1 tmrw. Hopefully the game is full of goals.

I caught the highlights, had some decent chances that at I think should have at least hit the target. I didn't see any particular faults in the highlights but as a Gooner, am always nervous with Szczesny in the goalpost lol.

Am so pumped for France / Germany, annoyed it's on a Tuesday. Hopefully its good, free flowing football and not that negative 1-0 bullshit. What're the odds Kimmich overloads on testosterone and riles someone up. Wouldn't that be fun to watch.

Whoever wins group F will most likely win. Belgium also looks good but some players are getting old/no longer in prime. England could do well but they’re putting too much pressure on themselves. Italy, Spain, and Netherlands are teams I can see either going out early knockout or deep lol. Denmark with Eriksen would be my dark horse but unfortunately that’s not looking too well.

Portugal has incredible individual players but I think won’t play well as a team.

England has a similar problem. Such incredible young talent some solid veterans but a blockhead coach in southgate.

France is the safe pick here but I believe in them because not only do they have depth but for some reason players like griezmann and pogba play wayyyy better for country than club.

Hope to see a dark horse go far!

The implication that Ronaldo is gonna have to drag Portugal is kinda weird. Their squad is very deep, and is set to be a top side for the next 5-10 years. Ronaldo is obviously the leader, but he’s not dragging a lifeless corpse of a side. Belgium looked decent, Spain looked lazy all game. Alba was their best player by a country mile, no creativity or potency in the attacking third. I think France and Portugal are going to be the sides to beat, pending how they look tomorrow. Germany can’t be underestimated, neither can Belgium, Italy or Holland, like you said, and I agree that England is overhyped as always. Bottling situations you have no excuse to bottle is a time-tested English tradition. I have no reason to believe they’ll be seriously threatening to win, maybe a semifinal appearance if they play to their capability, since their roster is undeniably talented.

If Loew actually adjusted his tactics to fit Flick's Bayern core, Germany would at least reach the final. 

France - most probably will be champions, if they won't mess up at the final like in 2016

Portugal - Hyped team because of Ronaldo

England - Hyped team because of media

Germany - Solid team, good chances if they won't mess up like they did in World Cup

Belgium - Solid team, can bring nice surprises

Italy - Hyped team because they have "legacy"

Spain - National version of Barcelona, good at numerical stats like number of passes but like Barcelona in Champions League needs to be cautios in order to not mess up

Besides national teams, the game of N'Golo Kante and R. Lewandowski are interesting for me. If France wins, Ballon D'or will be given to Kante.

After the first games.

France looks as strong as it's on paper, sadly. Germany looked good but is not as strong in terms of forwards. Gnabry as main striker was a dumb idea by Loew.

Italy and Belgium also looked good. Portugal struggled a bit more than expected. England had an ok victory against an uninspired Croatia. Spain sort of flopped but overall all the top teams seem to be there. Netherlands too. This is honestly really rare because normanlly a couple of top teams underperform badly and get kicked out quickly.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Saepe enim pariatur aliquam tempore distinctio. Voluptas ea illo fugiat maxime tenetur eum id.

Iure debitis ex beatae voluptatem aut. Aut quia eaque voluptatem asperiores molestiae reprehenderit.

Eius voluptatum qui nihil qui eaque. Occaecati harum quo et consequatur amet cumque est. Iusto repellendus voluptas temporibus voluptas voluptatum excepturi et.

Quant (ˈkwänt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”